Responsible for designing and implementing advanced Avaya integrated networks, and provide technical assistance and installation support to Altura technicians and customers who are installing, diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex telecommunication systems, IP based telephony solutions, computer systems and/or complex software. Provides onsite and remote installation support for Avaya solutions. Responds to situations where standard procedures and advanced technical expertise have failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software. Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering. Conducts lab test to duplicate problems and provide detailed information to Engineering as needed. Assist Network Support Engineers as required. Position may require frequent or short notice travel throughout the U.S
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide the highest level of skills in designing and implementing advanced voice and SIP enabled communication networks, specifically related to Avaya products.
- Provide identification and resolution of complex product/service problems both by phone, remote connectivity, and on-site.
- Requires the highest level of knowledge on Avaya Communication Manager, System/Session Manager, products and services.
- Conducts extremely complex system emulation/simulation activities to identify problems. Conducts lab test as required.
- Coordinate with Engineering on potential product defects and system modifications/changes.
- Maintain detailed documentation of problem resolution activities.
- Provide training and knowledge with the Professional Services and TAC engineering team.
- Equivalent of a bachelor's degree plus 8-years telephony experience or 12-years telephony related experience.
- Minimum of 4+years experience working with Avaya products
- Good understanding of various communication protocols, including Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is required.
- Good understanding of IP addressing and be able to effectively communicate it to others, is required
- Good understanding of Quality of Service, and be able to effectively communicate it to others is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and fellow employees and have the ability to maintain professional composure during adverse situations is required.
- A complete understanding of personal computers and data applications is required and the ability to read schematics and operate various kinds of data and electronic test equipment is highly desirable.
- Must have a good understanding of Visio and be able to prepare network diagrams, call flow diagrams, and documentation.
- Needs to have a good understanding of network analysis tools such as Wireshark.
- Knowledge of, and experience with video products such as Polycom or Avaya RadVision is a plus.
- Knowledge of, and experience with Avaya IP Office is a plus.
- Data LAN/WAN switching/routing experience is a plus.
- Industry standard certifications are a plus including, Cisco Certified Network Associate CCNA 200-120, Avaya ACIS, Avaya Certified Implementation Specialist and Extreme ENA Extreme Network Associate