This job posting is reflective of the Business Systems Consultant essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Senior Systems Consultant level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
Functions as an advocate for change and communication management activities within Mutual of Omaha’s Information Services (IS) Enterprise Data Management & Architecture department.
Collaborates with IS management and associates, as well as business partners across the enterprise, in support of the customer centric corporate strategy as well as the enterprise data strategy.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with development and execution of communication strategies for the IS Enterprise Data Management & Architecture department, to include deliverables and content creation.
- Plan, produce and manage Change Management deliverables.
- Work with IS Management, Business Partners and Stakeholders on strategy acceptance and alignment to evangelize prioritized program and operational needs.
- Develop and manage visually creative content to support the communication strategy using multiple media vehicles including web, social, email, presentations, blogs, etc.
- Assist with coordination and logistical needs of department related communication events.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- At least five years of providing exceptional communication (verbal and written) to others.
- At least two years of experience leading and facilitating current state to future state events.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships, working effectively with all staff levels in an organization.
- Ability to effectively work with leaders/drivers of change, recipients/adopters of change, and resisters of change.
- Demonstrated ability to assess personal strengths and deficits, likely behaviors, and reactions in self and others.
- Well-versed in adult learning techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while working independently and/or as part of a larger team.
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations.
- Ability to influence buy-in and motivate adoption of change, using a variety of formal and informal avenues.
- Experience in guiding and training others on various subjects across a wide variety of audiences.
- Experience in graphics communication and marketing would be beneficial.
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts, including a solid understanding of how associates work through change processes.
Job no: 494149