FMC Corporation is a leading specialty company focused on agricultural and lithium technologies. We are proud that our products help grow the world's food, improve health and contribute to a more sustainable energy supply.
FMC is a globally diverse organization that offers its employees exciting opportunities to work on challenging projects that are important to the achievement of our strategic objectives. Your education and professional experience are valued and put to use from day one. Your success at completing key initiatives can result in a varied, progressive and fulfilling career with FMC.
With a corporate culture of innovation, integrity, responsibility and customer intimacy, we foster “The Right Chemistry” in everything we do. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing, and improving our products, our processes, and our markets. If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.
As a global leader in the agro-chemicals business, FMC provides innovative and cost-effective solutions to enhance crop yield and quality by controlling a broad spectrum of insects, weeds and disease, as well as in non-agricultural markets for pest control. Following the close of the DuPont transaction, FMC is a significantly larger crop protection company with a broader manufacturing footprint, a more complex supply chain, and a greater need to track, report and analyze business performance in a timely, accurate manner. In February 2018, we launched the Business Process Modernization (BPM) program – a two-year initiative to modernize our business processes and systems, which includes investment in a new SAP suite, SAP S/4HANA. BPM will consolidate multiple IT systems into a single SAP platform that follows chemical industry best practices and can scale to support our company’s future growth.
This is an important program for FMC, requiring a dedicated team of employees and outside consultants who will work together to modernize every facet of our business processes, including Finance, Supply Chain, Logistics, Manufacturing, Sales & Marketing, Regulatory & Compliance, Procurement, Enterprise Master Data, Reporting & Analytics, and other areas.
The Communication & Engagement Manager is responsible for managing the development and execution of the communication strategy for the BPM program and ensuring all audiences and stakeholders know, understand and do what is necessary to achieve the desired results of the program. He/she has a firm understanding of how a company operates end to end and the implication of processes and systems transformation on the people and organization. This person has a keen ability to establish rapport and relationships with individuals at all levels of the organizations, and the business savvy required to influence behaviors and decision-making with senior-level leaders. He/she is also a skilled storyteller, with the ability to create and disseminate messages to a diverse range of audiences in a thoughtful, coordinated way.
- Develop and execute a proactive, strategic communication plan that drives awareness, understanding and engagement in the BPM program
- Partner with the Transformation Team and other key stakeholders to identify and assess organizational change across people, teams and functions; help identify communication needs and contribute to the development of training materials (as needed)
- Create messaging and materials to educate/prepare impacted people, and engage teams and functions for change; align critical communication activities with the timeline and key milestones of the BPM program, including training and deployment
- Establish feedback mechanisms to surface issues, questions or concerns on an ongoing basis; develop recommendations and action plans to follow up on and address feedback
- Serve as a trusted advisor to program and business leadership, providing counsel on communication and leading through the transition
- Support the BPM transformation agenda and proactively balance the needs of Workstream Engagement Teams and the functional areas impacted by changes
- Provide regular status updates on communication plans and progress to the program team, program leadership and executive sponsors
- Manage the coordination of all translation services required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Organizational Psychology, Communications or Humanities; Master’s preferred
- 5+ years of related experience; experience as a Communication Lead for an enterprise system implementation preferred
- Understanding of how communication works inside of a transformation agenda
- Ability to distill complex technical or business concepts into simple, easy-to-understand messaging and materials for all audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills, including the ability to make connections, build relationships and influence at all levels
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong business acumen with direct involvement in process and/or technology changes
- Ability to adapt and respond quickly to changes in the program or the environment
- Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities with high attention to detail
- Experience coaching and/or developing others in delivering strategic communications
- Impeccable personal and organizational integrity
- High personal standards of work and accountability for results