This position leads the development and execution of strategic communications and participant engagement marketing campaigns for Prudential Retirement's largest and most complex Key Account clients. This role focuses on delivering a seamless end-to-end customer experience; from the first introduction to Prudential through ongoing participant engagement.
Primary responsibilities include the development and execution of strategic marketing plans designed to assist retirement plan participants during the transition of their retirement plan to Prudential Retirement and through a series of “firsts” through the next 18months. This includes reviewing clients’ retirement plan structure and analyzing participant demographic data to create individualized client omni-channel marketing and communications approaches.
- Oversight and planning of all components of the participant engagement marketing plan for new to firm clients onboarding to Prudential Retirement.
- Delivery of each plan on time, on budget, and at the quality promised.
- Consulting with assigned clients, their intermediaries, and internal teams to uncover needs and translate those needs into an actionable strategic participant engagement marketing and communication plan.
- Partnering with internal key account leaders, relationship managers, implementation managers, client representatives, and advisor intermediaries to thoroughly understand needs and objectives and to create marketing plans specific to each client, provide updates on results and adjusts strategy and communications approach as necessary.
- Successfully position participant marketing and communication programs within service model and pricing guidelines.
- Applying customer insights derived from ongoing dialogue with clients and other market-facing teams to influence the strategic direction of the client's participant retirement goals.
- Providing direction and feedback to the creative team through campaign development and execution.
- Collaborating with partners (legal, compliance and risk) on the review of marketing materials and sales tools.
- Tracking results of programs for continuous optimization and client reporting.
- Evaluating competitive positioning to assess market landscape and to develop new approaches and participant strategies that best represent Prudential Retirement and our value proposition.
- May be required to travel and meet with clients and their intermediaries.
- Serving as a back-up for other team members during periods of peak volumes.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experiencerequired.
- Minimum of 6 to 10 years of experience in marketing, or a related function.
- Experience in working with all types of qualified plans including 401(k), 403(b), 457, Taft Hartley as well as Defined Benefit plans required.
- Specific experience with plan implementations is desirable.
- Understanding of the retirement marketplace and the market trends impacting the retirement security needs of participants.
- Strong understanding of consumer marketing best practices. Current on social media, the impact of digitaltechnology, and how consumers relate to information.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills.
- Experience in developing and executing marketing plans required.
- Must understand how individual marketing components and media fit together into a larger marketing plan.
- Demonstrated ability to consult with clients through a creative discovery process to uncover client and participant needs and then translate those needs into an executable strategic plan.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and demands.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Superior matrix management and partnering skills.
- Experience with non-qualified plans is desirable.
- Strong understanding of retirement distributionchannels, products and services, and buying influences of middle and large market clients and their intermediaries.
- Superior communication skills (oral, written and formal presentation).
- Solid financial aptitude with a thorough understanding of business profitability levers, investment products and services, and service models.
- Open to new approaches and is adaptive and receptive to change.
- Willing and able to travel 25 to 50% of the time.