Industry: Education, Government & Non-Profit•
5 - 7 years
Posted 28 days ago
The Communication and Marketing Manager is responsible for developing, planning, and executing integrated communications mediums and marketing plans that serve to promote program and support strategic departmental needs. This person manages the representation of RISD Auxiliary brands both internally and externally and ensures alignment with the overall RISD brand. The Communication and Marketing Manager oversees the department's communication and marketing schedule, ensuring that all communication are accurate and timely. This position creates, manages, and disseminates press releases, and e-commerce design, public relations materials, and electronic and print promotions. Establishes and supervises market research efforts, analyzing their effectiveness and using the information to inform decision making for future efforts. Hires and supervises full-time and student, as well as freelance marketing, design, and production vendors.
The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker and collaborator with excellent management, interpersonal, and communications skills.
Essential Functions/Duties1. Establishes marketing and promotional materials, campaigns, and calendars for Auxiliary Services constituencies, ensuring that they are produced in a timely manner. Provides creative direction on highly visible print, point of sale (POS), and digital projects. In alignment with the Executive Director's vision, prioritizes Auxiliary marketing (print and digital) materials based on key divisional goals. Either directly or through subordinates is responsible for the development of all creative concepts, licensed insignia branding, design implementations, and corresponding production tasks (such as budget projections, marketing calendar, and project schedules) to ensure work is high-caliber and consistent with RISD's design standards.
2. Creates content and engages in ongoing maintenance of associated Auxiliary web-pages (info.RISD & RISD.edu), modo app, and e-commerce sites. Manages and review product presentation on web site to ensure correct categorization, images, and copy, and that pricing and promotional offers are accurate and meet internal requirements. Tracks, reviews, and shares site usage analytics, advising on and making changes, as necessary. Where appropriate, gains approval from the Executive Director of Auxiliary Services and Director of Retail on content and copy related to rates, discounts, and other key logistics.
3. Maintains Auxiliary Services social media standards by and establishing and reinforcing acceptable use guidelines, and training approved users on protocol. Directly (or through delegates) contributes to accounts, regularly updating content (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and others). Monitors and reports on activity and engagement success results via Google analytics, Sprout, and other relevant tools to determine effectiveness and inform social media strategies, watching for and noting items of success, interest, or concern. Stays current with changes and trends in social media, and identifies and researches emerging social media platforms, making recommendations if and when RISD should establish a presence. Researches and shares new tools, trends, and areas of opportunity with team, monitoring competitors and other external best practices. Provides input to and makes recommendations for social media engagement and ad campaigns.
4. Hires and supervises the retail graphic designer, student designers and any freelance staff. Evaluate performance, provide training and guidance, and create goals and working timelines for subordinate staff.
5. Coordinates external Public Relations efforts, cultivating strong relationship with RISD Media. Develop story ideas and respond to media queries as appropriate. Provides media outlets with the information, interviews and visual resources (e.g. photography) necessary to ensure the strongest story possible. Researches information and content for and drafts press releases to be approved by RISD Media.
6. Serves as an active and engaged member of the Executive Director's leadership team, helping to advance and achieve the team's goals and vision, and foster a strong team culture. Cultivates and fosters positive relationships with colleagues across campus.
7. Provides logistical support for promotional events such as Splendor Vendor, Orientation, Eat the World etc., as required.
Job Qualifications Required- A Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communication, English, or other related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience in marketing and communications. Minimum of five years progressive experience in the marketing field with demonstrated knowledge of the most current marketing tools, trends, and best practices.
- Prior hands-on management experience or proven success in mentoring, guiding, and/or developing others is required.
- A strong record of successfully influencing e-commerce platforms and possesses a sophisticated visual sensibility.
- Proficiency with database management systems, web/print/video/graphic design and production, along with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) and web content analytics experience.
- Proven ability to create and execute marketing plans for multiple audiences
- Proven ability to manage strategic execution and optimization of digital marketing campaigns to various audiences across multiple channels.
- Strong leadership, team-building, and project management skills are required.
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently, both independently and as a member of a team.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and organizational abilities.
- Ability to work within established budget and deadlines.
- Knowledgeable in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and file management systems
Job Qualifications Preferred- Basic photography skills and/or understanding helpful.
- Experience in an academic or retail environment.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Suite preferred