The Network Systems Department (NSD) provides engineering services and solutions in various networking areas using performance analysis, modeling & simulation, and emulation techniques.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
- Participate in communication and networking tasks through analysis, simulations, and prototype development.
- Develop innovative concepts and algorithms in supporting areas of network management, routing, mobility, and network resiliency.
- Conduct system trade-off analysis for given constraints and support research & development (R&D) projects.
- evelop presentations and reports to clearly communicate with internal and external customers.
- Master's or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 0-1 year of experience in communication and network systems.
- Strong technical background in communication theory, network protocols, and network management.
- In-depth understanding of Media Access Control (MAC) layer, network layer, and emerging communication-related technologies (e.g., LTE, 5G, Internet of Thing (IoT), etc.).
- Experience in Matlab and C/C++.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Current DoD SECRET clearance or ability to obtain/maintain clearance.
- Modeling & simulation experience in Python, STK, SOAP, SignalPro, and OPNET preferred. Ability to learn these tools.
- Knowledge of physical layer and satellite networks.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title: MEMBER-TECH STF
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: [[relo]]
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
Requisition ID: 38422