The Boeing Company is seeking a junior communication and network engineer to join a team where networks really matter. We are seeking an engineer to develop communication and network capabilities for the F-22 Raptor aircraft in St. Louis, Missouri. As an F-22 Raptor engineer you will be developing requirements that continue to advance the F-22s world class capabilities.
An engineer interested in developing their career with fighter avionics experience that includes design, decomposition, requirements definition, integration and verification is desired. The F-22 Mission Systems organization recently adopted Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe Agile) work environment.
The successful candidate will be a part of a SAFe Agile work environment for a multi-faceted group and be an advocate for working, adapting, encouraging Agile Teams to operate within and adapt process to this new work environment. The Successful candidate develops solutions that are imaginative, thorough, and practicable, in order meet the customers’ requirements.
1) Planning, design, development and verification of a highly advanced F-22 avionics communication and network sub-system upgrades (including Link 16, TACAN, IFF).
2) Makes use of and applies communications and network concepts, principles, architectures, radio frequency compatibility to develop and document sub system requirements
3) Supports communications and network systems regulatory requirements and standards compliance and certification efforts.
4) Supports program Level processes and execution, escalating impediments, managing risk, and helping drive program level continuous improvement.
5) Consideration of customers (internal and external) and their needs when performing and/or working with others on routine tasks; supports others and occasionally becomes directly involved in developing and sustaining customer relationships; assists more experienced employees in seeking information to understand customers' circumstances, problems, expectations, and needs; prepares information which more experienced employees will share with customers to build their understanding of issues and capabilities; considers how day-to-day actions or plans affect customers; responds quickly to help others address customer needs and resolve problems.
6) Learning Lean and SAFe Agile, and helping to leverage the unique opportunities and challenges associated with facilitating and continuously aligning a development project within an established weapon system.
7) Effectively working on a diverse team that partners Boeing with Lockheed Martin and the USAF
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
- 3 or more years years of avionics integration experience
- Experience with fighter aircraft avionics
- Knowledge of communications and network concepts, principles, architectures, radio frequency compatibility to develop and document sub system requirements
- Knowledge of with communications and network systems regulatory requirements and standards compliance and certification efforts
- Knowledge of Link 16, TACAN, and/or IFF
- Experience writing aircraft and /or avionics requirements
Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Job ID 1700013182