The ideal candidate has outstanding organization skills, oral and written communication skills and business acumen, best-in-class interpersonal skills, ability to speak with clarity and confidence to individuals and groups from a variety of backgrounds, ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and to interact professionally and appropriately with people at all levels inside and outside the company. A successful incumbent is able to manage projects to completion on time while exceeding expectations of management.
This position reports to the Employee Communication Manager in the Corporate Communications department and is located in Houston.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Collaborate with the Corporate Communications team in both content and visual storytelling for LyondellBasell through a broad array of communication assets: video news programs, brochures, newsletters, memos, eCards, intranet content, web content, posters, signage, collateral, corporate presentations, promotional campaigns, special projects, general internal communications globally.
- Act as trusted partner for multiple internal clients, acting as the first line of contact for employee communications with assigned clients.
- Understand the vision of management and clients, show ability to build ideas and recognize potential issues with concepts prior to execution to construct and further compelling communications programs.
- Act as project manager, executing campaigns and projects for assigned internal accounts with degree of skill and professionalism.
- Develop compelling content for internal client and employee communications centric campaigns.
- Possess initiative to think several steps ahead in communications process and anticipate needs of clients and management.
- With approval of management, present and sell ideas to business units and senior management.
- Display ability to understand and implement metrics systems and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to benchmark progress and success of communications initiatives.
- Display strong competencies to construct strategic plans inclusive of situational analysis, strategies, tactics, implementation timeline, budget and evaluation.
- Collaborate with in-house design team to execute creative concepts in alignment with overarching corporate messaging and brand standards.
- Attend group and client meetings as requested.
- Consult with Employee Communication Manager and Director of Corporate Communications on strategic direction of all communications, offer strategic insight and creative solutions to problems. Approvals for all communications must be routed through these parties prior to distribution.
- Perform any additional duties as directed or required.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired in communications, journalism or related field.
- 6+ years of experience in a corporate communications position, preferably in the energy sector.
- Experience writing in AP style required.
- Prior agency experience desirable.
- Experience at a global company desirable.
- External communications/public relations experience desirable.
- Possess capable creative, strategic and critical thinking skills, as well as strong attention to detail.
- Possess a solution-oriented approach to client service.
- Expert command of AP Style, while displaying strong and efficient writing competencies across digital and print platforms.
- Ability to pitch and present concepts semi-autonomously, with confidence to sell ideas effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Expert competencies in video scripting and production skill-sets, ability to produce internal programs at the direction of manager.
- Ability to independently produce events, from conception to execution, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to function autonomously while checking in with management regarding agreed upon strategic direction, work progress and any unusual situations.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues, thinking through all possible cause, effect and ramification situations and bring options to attention of management.
- Skilled at managing multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively.
- Ability to develop strategic direction and work independently and efficiently under time pressures and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams, with a strong emphasis on collaboration and understanding that teamwork produces better outcomes.
- Adaptable to changing environments.
- Exercise of sound judgment.
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to engender trust, respect and confidence.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to communicate and interact effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Exemplary personal and professional integrity and business ethics.
- Commitment to diversity and a respect for others.