We are seeking a Communications leader to take our inclusion, diversity and social impact work to the next level. You will join a team of incredible cross-functional partners that includes leaders from our Executive, Policy, Marketing and People teams. In our I&D work, our goal is for Lyft to lead by example and for our team to reflect the communities we serve. We also aim to encourage broader change through external alliances and partnerships.
Our team has a culture of delivering high impact work while banding together through complexities. We hope to find a leader who brings with them amazing expertise, relationships, inspiration and of course some jokes. This role will report directly to the Senior Director of Communications. We have flexibility on location for the foreseeable future, but ultimately will be based in San Francisco.
- Develop and drive 2021 I&D and Social Impact narratives, strategy, timeline, ad hoc announcements, reactive news, etc.
- Partner closely with Communications counterparts, cross-functional partners, external partners and key press
- Lead team that includes one direct report and agency team
- Sit on the Communications expanded leadership team
- Writing, public speaking experience
- 10+ years of experience in communications and/or public relations
- Past success driving Communications-led 1) social impact programs and 2) Inclusion & Diversity programs
- Some combination of agency, non-profit, and policy experience preferred
- An impressive portfolio of press hits you’ve driven
- Experience managing and developing teams preferred
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program