Applied Materials, Inc. is the global leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future.
Applied Materials' Common Systems Software Department is searching for College Graduates to join our team! Our department develops the software for the control system of our products, which includes the real-time control of devices such as robots, motors, generators, pumps, flow controllers and sensors. Our work also includes creating algorithms to optimize the material deposition and removal on an atomic scale, the design of the user interface, data collection, storage and analysis, machine learning and analytics, remote access and security. Key Responsibilities
- Designs and develops code for moderately difficult software projects
- Troubleshoots a variety of moderately difficult software problems. Designs and implements bug fixes
- Designs and prototypes user interface
- Creates software specifications
- Creates and executes test plans and automation scripts on simulators, test benches or the lab
- Develops software documentation
- Interacts and works closely with the team
- Interfaces with internal customers for requirements analysis and schedule.
Leadership, Communication and Problem-Solving Skills
- Proficiency and experience in C and C++ is required.
- In addition, experience in programming in several of the following areas is desired:
- Real-time Control
- Motion Control
- Embedded Programming
- C#, .NET
- Matlab, Simulink
- C#, .NET
- Combines technical skills with effective relationship building and collaboration skills
- Has excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to analyze complex information and explain in a straightforward manner
- Has ability to solve problems in moderately difficult situations and drive solutions using technical experience and judgment
- Is result oriented and has passion to contribute ideas, to influence others and to succeed
Master's Degree, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fieldQualificationsEducation:
Master's DegreeSkillsCertifications:Languages:Years of Experience:
2 - 4 YearsWork Experience:Additional InformationTravel:
Yes, 10% of the TimeRelocation Eligible:
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.