As Commodity Manager- Vehicle Logistics, you will help lead purchasing activities with internal stakeholders including finance, logistics operations, production, and engineering departments. Develop bid specifications, identify and vet potential suppliers, negotiate contracts, prepare bid-recaps, and make sourcing recommendations. For this role you be a self-motivated, driven individual who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage supplier relationships and act as a point of escalation
- Responsible for maintaining productive global transportation and ancillary service contracts
- Project management resolution of commercial issues related to transportationcontracts. Be able to resolve financial problems as well as operational obstacles with suppliers and stakeholders if necessary (Supplier Open Issue List, 8-D, etc.)
- Lead purchasing activities with internal stakeholders: finance, logistics operations, production, and engineering departments and develop bid specifications, identify potential suppliers, negotiate contracts, vet suppliers, prepare bid-recaps, and make sourcing recommendations
- Conduct commercial review of procurement requisitions and Statements of Work in accordance with business requirements and budgets, including: cost benefit analysis, specifications, performance terms, and/or acceptance criteria
- Conduct negotiations and secure comprehensive agreements with suppliers. Maintain a high level of industry expertise and supplier/market conditions
- Co-develop global commodity strategies and transportationblueprints with internal stakeholders to drive a comprehensive, simplified, and competitive logistics supplier strategy in support of product growth plans and expansions
- Lead the collaboration with Legal in creating, negotiating, and editing optimal corporate transportationcontracts and assure compliance with federal, state, local, and corporate policies, regulations, and laws
- Maintain organized project records and documentation in compliance with local records retention policies
- Track and manage key data for the portfolio of transportationcontracts to avoid cost exposure and service interruption
- Utilize enterprise cost mindset to continuously improve cost and quality for the global material, service, and product distributionnetwork
- Develop and maintain key metrics and executive dashboard on procurement status, cost improvement, and market conditions
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping throughout the work area, as well as a positive working relationship with all levels of the organization
- Identify & execute opportunities to increase bandwidth through automation and streamlining of business processes
- Support the Company’s mission, vision, values and goals in performance of daily activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Engineering, or equivalent experience or evidence of exceptional ability.
- Track record in planning, execution and delivery of projects.
- Logistics experience and commercial contract negotiation expertise
- 5+ years of related experience in vendor/carrier management in a Supply Chain environment with experience in sustained cost reductions
- Capable of creating written reports, proposals, processes, and project documentation
- Knowledge of purchasing processes (SOP's, RFP/RFQ/RFI's, PO's, Gap Analysis, etc.)
- Excellent negotiation, organization, analytical, and communication skills, ability to work in a fast paced environment and deliver high quality results
- Proven leadership ability and excellent interpersonal skills
- Understanding of INCOTERMS and familiarity with customs, tax, and duty requirements for international shipping
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Strong experience with supplier performance management and reporting in working with performance metrics, performance scorecards and supplier review
- Ability to drive change with a long term perspective across multiple functions and transform the business. Ability to cope with a fast-paced and changing environment. Team player, self-motivated, result-oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills, including an ability to effectively communicate across all levels of an organization, technical and non-technical audience.