Commodity Manager - Photronics
Photronics is a world leader in sub-wavelength reticle solution technology because of our commitment to customer service, value and quality. The semiconductor and flat panel display industries are more global than ever and Photronics continues to optimize its manufacturing network to provide broad-based solutions to satisfy an expanding array of retile requirements. Our manufacturing locations in Asia, North America and Europe are strategically located to insure customers can obtain local service, typically in their native language, and product delivery in the shortest time possible.
The person we seek will have two primary areas of responsibility: 1) Managing equipment maintenance spare part sourcing for the company. 2) Leading the company?s corporate commodity team for a critical photomask raw material. In both cases, this position will work closely with leaders within the Operations and Sourcing functions worldwide. Finding alternative low cost sources of supply will be the clear #1 priority for this person to achieve. In addition, the successful candidate must be ready, willing and able to assume a leadership role in the Supply Chain function within a short period of time.
The position will reside in Brookfield, Connecticut, our corporate headquarters and reports to the Sr. Director of Corporate Supply Chain. Travel to sites within the US, Korea, Taiwan and Europe required. Total spend responsibility will be >$50M.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage all sourcing and purchasing activities related to equipment maintenance spare parts and a critical raw material commodity.
- Effectively lead global multisite cross-functional teams in areas of responsibility and align internally on best strategies to maximize value to the company
- Partner with Global Tool Owners (GTOs) to find low cost alternative sources of supply
- Negotiate agreements and actively lead negotiations and supplier cost reduction programs
- Lead Joint Cost Reduction Team (JCRT) activities with suppliers
- Drive quality improvement programs and roadmaps with suppliers.
- Equipment or maintenance background is required. Spare parts sourcing experience is a strong plus
- Demonstrated Leadership skills and the ability to lead global multisite cross-functional teams from US, Asia and Europe are essential for success in this position
- Measurable results achieved using low cost sourcing tactics and strategies
- Supplier relations management
- Strong leadership, analytical, and team building skills
- Ability to effectively present to executive management
- People management skills with proven ability for advancement a strong plus
- Travel up to 10%
- Minimum of an Associate?s degree in a technical discipline required, with a Bachelor?s/Master?s degreepreferred
- Oracle or SAPexperience a plus
- Photronics, Inc. offers a competitive compensation package including health, dental, vision, STD/LTD, Life Insurance, 401K, Employee Stock Purchase Program, Bonus Program, etc.