Paramit is a rapidly growing international medical device contract design and manufacturing company that designs and manufactures high-quality medical and life sciences instruments. Headquartered in Morgan Hill, CA, we offer a rewarding work environment with global opportunities while maintaining a small company, employee-focused culture. We are seeking a Commodity Manager to join our team. As our Commodity Manager, you will be a core part of our success!
Essential Job Functions
- Identify, manage, develop, and drive Supply Chain Solutions that mitigate risk and meet Paramit's demand as it relates to Quality, Delivery, and Cost.
- Align and Drive communication requirements to center-point between Paramit Demand and Supplier Capability
- Continually strive to do it right the first time focusing on delivering solutions that own the outcome in meeting Paramit and Customer requirements.
- Develop, implement and maintain supplier SOW's and/or Purchasing agreements with core suppliers.
- Support Supply Chain and Supplier Quality initiatives as directed.
- Ensures NDA Agreements are positioned appropriately before business is initiated.
- Develop and Implement SOW's and/or Master Purchase agreements with core suppliers.
- Identify, Manage, and Drive solutions that mitigate risk to Paramit’s demand as it relates to Supplier Identification, Qualification, Assessment, Monitoring, Consolidation, Quality, Delivery, and Cost.
- Identify, Evaluate and provide guidance for NPI and final selection of suppliers in support of Paramit Product Development and Production.
- Develop spend strategies
- Analyze current spend trends. Consolidate spend across supply base where possible to create leverage, and develop regional and global sourcing alternatives.
- Create competitive environments with suppliers to support a negotiation strategy.
- Drive continual cost reduction.
- Evaluate supplier business proposals and present recommendations that will result in cost savings, risk avoidance or containment.
- Develop sourcing and negotiation strategies that deliver against business objectives and achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers
- Develop key performance measures for chosen suppliers and negotiate on multiple variables to award longer-term strategic contracts that result in significant cost reduction and improved service levels.
- Work collaboratively with other Supply Chain Managers, Buyers, and Paramit Teams.
Minimum Experience & Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations Management, Engineering and/or equivalent experience or evidence of exceptional ability.
- 5+ years’ experience in a combination of supply chain and supplier quality management.
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows and Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Experience working with Printed Circuit Board Suppliers, Cable Suppliers and other Custom components.
Preferred Candidate Attributes
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Proven analytical/negotiation skills.
- Tenacious problem solving & issue resolution skills.
- Ability to toggle between strategic and detail orientated thinking.
- Ability to independently negotiate and close complex contracts and deals.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter, with ability to drive large and complex projects to closure independently.
- Ability to influence across multiple functional teams.
- Flexibility to adapt to dynamic and rapidly changing environments.
- Excellent communicators, capable of working in multinational environments, driven and motivated by accomplishing objectives.
Standing at the forefront of technology with Paramit, you will be a part of our team making a difference in the medical device and life science instrument industries, which touches an immeasurable amount of people, communities, countries, and our world.
At Paramit, we are committed to excellence at every level in the organization. As a manufacturer of highly complex medical devices and instruments, we are acutely aware of our responsibility to those who will one day use the products we make. As a result, Paramit is obsessive about doing things the right way, going beyond FDA requirements, and ensuring that every finished product is safe and reliable.