American Science and Engineering, an OSI Systems Company is seeking a Commodity Manager in its Billerica, MA Facility.
AS&E is an industry leader in detection technology, providing cargo and vehicle inspection systems and services for ports, borders, military, high-threat facilities, and checkpoints to help customers combat terrorism, drug smuggling, illegal immigration, and trade fraud.
We offer a broad array of scanning system configurations that leverage low-, medium-, and high-energy X-ray technology—or multiple X-ray technologies—to address each customer’s unique security application requirements.
Our commitment to excellence in imaging performance, innovative design, and uncompromising quality ensures our solutions consistently deliver best-in-class imaging, high reliability, and operator satisfaction, to help customers find threats and contraband with ease and confidence.
The Commodity Manager will develop and execute commodity strategies leveraging the strategic sourcing process; Conduct bid analysis, negotiations, contract development, and supplier development;
Manage supplier performance through supplier report cards, risk assessments, and vendor due diligence; Deliver KPIs in the areas of cost savings, cost assessments, and cash flow improvements; Establish strong relationships with key strategic suppliers and leverage fact based negotiation tactics to secure spend under contract;
Prepare and send RFQ/RFI for commodity projects as needed; Partner with engineering, product management, materials and quality teams to support new product introductions
- Plan, Develop, Implement strategies associated with sourcing of materials and services.
- Manage spend containment, supplier performance, negotiate pricing, and drive long term supplier relationships to achieve continuous improvement of supply chain.
- Manage supplier agility and delivery performance against commitments.
- Lead global sourcing projects.
- Develop Cost reduction plans, cost containment initiatives, and plans to optimize supply base.
- Manage risk of key suppliers for assigned commodities and ensure long term strategy is in place.
- Create and manage Master Supply Agreements with suppliers as required.
- Uphold the company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct
- It is the responsibility of every employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management or Engineering required
- 5+ years sourcing experience, preferably in heavy industrial manufacturing.
- Strong negotiation and vendor management experience needed
- Proficiency in MS office
- Certification in APICS preferred
- Strong data analytics and presentation skills
- Procurement experience using ERP system needed
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Must be willing to travel up to 25%