This Commodity Manager will handle on multiple commodities and will play a critical role in the overall success of the Neato Robotics. The commodity manager will be responsible for acting as a the primary interface between strategic commodity and the engineering development team.
The Commodity Manager is responsible for driving all aspects of strategic and tactical elements of the business. The ideal candidate should have experience in handling electrical, mechanical and electro-mechanical components. The Commodity Manager should also have experience in managing tooling and jigs and fixtures necessary for product manufacturing in a high volume environment.
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work cross functionally in a dynamic environment;
- Demonstrated cross functional leadership;
- Broad operations/supply chain management experience;
- High level of personal and professional integrity;
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of flexibility;
- Demonstrate ability to drive and deliver strategic business plans and initiatives; Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Ability to organize BOMs, Key supplier lists and RFQ processes
- Managing the development and implementation of procurement initiatives. Interfacing with global commodity specialists to support new product development strategy and implementation, optimizing material selection to maintain lowest cost, predictable availability, and industry leadership in quality.
- Support strategic sourcing strategies and maintain supplier relationships.
- Act as resident expert in a number of key commodities.
- Ensure supply assurance, implementing regular capacity planning review for critical commodities, conduct regular review to assure ramp readiness for new program.
- Ensure continuity of supply, driving necessary and timely action for potential supply issue, strong alignment with planning and Contract Manufacturing partners.
- Ensure product availability on a daily basis, managing excellent supplier flexibility while maintaining total lowest overall cost on Key components.
- Interface with suppliers, contract manufactures, and Neato Robotics Engineering and internal cross functional teams to ensure flawless execution and support business goals and objectives.
- Develop and drive team to achieve established goals and objectives.
Candidate must have a BS/BA degree and minimum of 7 years of supply chain or commodity management experience; MBA a plus.
Benefits and Perks:
- Catered lunches daily
- Paid holidays, PTO accrual, & floating personal days off
- Subsidized gym membership
- Top notch medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy (and some not-so-healthy) snacks and drinks
- Events like Office Olympics, holiday parties, and the best potlucks in the Valley.