- · Identifies, selects, and manages global supplier relationships for assigned commodities to ensure that products and services are delivered to the quality, cost and delivery performance levels required.
- · Acts as Regal’s Subject Matter Expert (SME) for assigned commodities.
- · May provide hiring, promotion and disciplinary action recommendations, as well as performance evaluation and feedback for assigned direct reports.
- · Defines, develops and communicates the commodity strategy that drives a supply base committed to deliver 100% quality parts, on time, with continued effort to reduce the total cost of the commodity and ensures all engineering, customer, security, and EHS requirements are met.
- · Manages all aspects of supplier relationships.
- · Reviews RFQ packages and spreadsheet analysis to make recommendations for cost, quality and service improvements.
- · Identifies potential new suppliers and makes recommendations on supplier selection and quality compliance.
- · Performs supplier negotiations and determines most competitive total cost solutions using creativity and wide degree of latitude.
- · Executes plans to meet customer commitment to deliver 100% quality parts, on time, with continuous emphasis on cost containment.
- · Drives projects for Sourcing team ensuring objectives are met and communication channels are effective.
- · Defines, drives and implements continuous improvement projects to ensure objectives are met.
- · Leads simplification in the overall supply chain. Provides expertise to internal team as well as other internal functions.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent related experience. 8+ years. Green Belt in Lean Six Sigma within 3 years.