As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will manage strategies, performance, and relations with critical suppliers for various spaceflight and ground systems. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of supplier management, product design, pricing, and delivery schedules. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Provides strategic leadership in the evaluation, sourcing, and development of instrumentation hardware supply base to support the research, development and production of space vehicles and ground systems.
- Ensures systems are designed, fabricated and delivered at the lowest total cost, and on time to support program requirements.
- Participates in use of databases to guide sourcing activity and capture supplier status, history, criticality, operational performance, and issues.
- Works with program stakeholders to identify long lead procurement requirements and gaps in supply base capabilities.
- Evaluates suitability, stability, and risk of current and potential suppliers with regard to financial health, staffing, quality, throughput, technical capability, and reputation.
- Leads suppliers through the resolution of discrepancies or schedule delays, including corrective and preventive actions and recovery plans.
- Identifies risks and opportunities to leverage existing supplier relationships, obtain price/cost reductions, rationalize/consolidate the supply base, secure favorable long term agreements, maintain alternate supplier options, and support long term supplier relationships.
- Works with cross-functional teams to develop strategies for obtaining first time quality throughout the supply chain.
- Leads supplier negotiations on complex procurement contracts to achieve the lowest total cost, while ensuring requirements related to technical performance, quality, delivery, and service are met.
- Conducts periodic supplier reviews to communicate supplier performance to company management.
- Conducts site surveys and business evaluations of existing and potential suppliers, and participates in supplier quality audits, and resolution of corrective actions with suppliers.
- 7 years minimum experience with instrumentation and measurement products.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum 3 years of supply chain management experience with progressively more responsibility.
- Minimum 2 years of supplier quality experience.
- Must be able to travel 50% of time and to remote sites.
- Experience in sourcing for both development and production programs.
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams, and independently.
- Strong communication skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills, and a proven ability to drive complex projects with minimal oversight.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or a related field preferred.
- Engineering or technical experience
- CPM, CSCP certification or equivalent.
- Six sigma/lean process improvement experience.
- Experience with AS9100, ISO9001 supply base requirements
- Experience with FAR/DFAR requirements
Job ID 3206