About the Position:
The Commodity Manager DFV will be responsible for key components in the Semiconductor Commodity Portfolio during the early product life cycle. This key individual will understand all market aspects and be recognized as a global industry expert within Juniper and will be a focal point responsible for creating the commodity strategies adopted by engineering’s design and/or manufacturing.
This individual will be the primary interface with PLM, NPI and Finance to challenge design assumptions and cost points specifically on ASSPs, ASICs, Comm ICs.
As the Global Commodity Manager DFV, you are responsible for leading commodity decisions for:
- Developing cost models and understanding cost drivers.
- Being a recognized expert for global market information.
- Establish and Develop complex, global and comprehensive supplier-buyer relationships.
- Develop and Drive negotiation strategies including complex supplier negotiations.
- Developing and documenting negotiation and contracting process consistent with commodity strategy.
- Own communication for contract data and volumes across global teams, modalities and supply base as appropriate.
- Leverage supplier capabilities and business opportunities technical and commercially.
- Primary owner for the supplier relationship. With technology partners, and in accordance with the commodity strategy, drive supplier selection, development and overall supplier management.
- Work with Engineering Leaders and Supplier Quality Engineering to integrate supplier performance requirements into all suppliers.
- Develop commodity specific performance criteria and award/remove business in accordance with results.
- Work with suppliers to drive improvement on all areas measured within the supplier scorecard.
- Drive global supply base consolidation analysis, planning and implementation.
- Manage Priorities and Business Cases for New Products
- Delivers correlation between features and costs
- Document design decisions and ensure that findings a communicated to the Sustaining VE team as well
- Assess Risks and Benefits of Solutions selected
- Be the single point of contact for the assigned projects
- Technical knowledge and market expertise in Semiconductor Manufacturing or Components.
- Must have Engineering Degree or equivalent experience in Electronics Manufacturing, Design or Industrial Engineering.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Understanding of Principles of Sourcing Strategy and Supply Chain Management
- Excellent interpersonal communication and negotiation skills.
- Experience in Project Management
- MBA is a plus
- Previous experience in key Commodity Management ( CPU, Comm IC, FPGAs, Memory, PCB)
- Relocation is considered if find the right candidate
- Travel requirements for the position <20%>