Commodity Manager - Chemicals
Commodity Manager ? Chemicals Toledo, OH
Major chemical manufacturer is looking for a talented and dedicated Commodities Manager to join the team at their Toledo, OH area Headquarters.
Procure materials, equipment or services based on assigned commodities (Chemicals). Ensure contracts with suppliers and vendors are consistent with corporate objectives. Participate in major contract negotiations with top suppliers to secure consistent supplies and competitive prices. You will be a valued team member on new product launches.
***Please send resume in confidence:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Responsible for the negotiated cost on all contract and/or raw materials in the designated area of Commodity Management
- Establish multiple supply points to assure adequate supply when necessary.
- Monitor market drivers and trends associated with assigned commodity area.
- Interface with Supply Base to ensure quality standards meet and exceed requirements.
- Support Material Planner(s) as it relates to individual commodities.
- Participates in cross functional team activities for New Product Introduction.
- Conduct appropriate market research for assigned commodities and services.
- Research and prepare Commodity Briefs and Source Plans for different spend areas identified.
- Develop and maintain a program of evaluation for the supplier base which includes certification requirements.
- Coordinate with Material Planner(s) to generate plan for slow moving or obsolete inventory.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
? BS Degreerequired in Business, Supply Chain, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
? Chemical experience a plus
? Minimum of 5 years?experience
? Must now be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident
? Proficient in Microsoft Office
? Must have the ability to become familiar with the Plant Operations and Warehouse Inventory