Subject matter procurement expert for the assigned goods and/or services. Researches suppliers from a variety of usual and unusual sources. Confers with suppliers to obtain product or service information such as price, availability and delivery schedule. Responsible for short and long term planning and strategizing for assigned goods and/or services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs complex price analysis of multiple variables. Expert use of analysis, forecasting, problem solving and quality improvement to develop strategies for dynamic market conditions.
2. Develops a procurement and negotiation strategy based on multiple and often complex variables. Negotiates price, availability, transportation and delivery schedule.
3. Makes negotiation decisions often in high volatility situations based on multiple market variables with limited guidelines for price and availability.
4. Analyzes and incorporates specific market data to negotiations, strategies and plans that correlate to the goods and/or services procured.
5. Communicates and presents clear strategies, plans and cost impacts to upper management
6. Attends industry trade shows and conferences.
7. Measures and evaluates suppliers on-time delivery performance.
8. Contributor to the company's delivery and invoicing policies.
9. Responsible for implementing and driving change.
10. Performs other duties as required. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
8 + years related procurement experience or specialized technical experience.
Bachelors degree or equivalent required in related field.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple projects and priorities.
Negotiation and analytical skills required.
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate in a multicultural environment with all levels of employees and management.
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from suppliers and all levels of staff and management, both shipboard and shoreside.