As the Commodity Manager, this role will provide leadership and guidance to the Equipment Plant Procurement Team. This individual will be responsible for the execution of material planning for equipment manufacturing, ensuring on-time delivery, oversight resolution of quality and supplier performance issues as well as assisting in Procure to Pay activities, troubleshooting, and issue resolution. In conjunction with impacted stakeholders, this position is responsible to manage inventory levels and purchases to support Bandag Equipment production schedules, as well as adjusting incoming material schedules, as required. In addition, responsibilities would be to drive other specific process/continuous improvement initiatives or strategies to support the Bandag Equipment Division, as well as Corporate goals, metrics and results.
Working in collaboration with Manufacturing team members and understanding their constraints and requirements, the Commodity Manager will:
- Manage strategic initiatives and projects for material planning, monitor inventory levels and minimized Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Evaluate inventory turns and lead a cross-functional team to identify opportunities to reduce stock while maintaining appropriate service levels
- Ensure Procurement representation and participation in all issues related to assigned categories
- Manage Supplier Selection process focused on Quality, Cost, Delivery, Risk and Management
- Interact with suppliers and internal "customers" to identify, implement and realize optimal value and performance
- Management the Procurement of designated categories to reduce total cost of ownership for goods & services while ensuring uninterrupted supply
- Lead Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) including strategic segmentation, supplier rationalization and supplier qualifications
- Manage and enhance supplier performance through the establishment and/or monitoring of KPI's/SLA's (contract content) and effective supplier and stake holder interaction
Scope of assignment includes:
- Ensuring internal & external relevant data collection
- Commodity & market analysis; cost modeling & analysis
- Sourcing, award, & execute to equipment manufacturing requirements
- Contract administration & compliance monitoring for assigned commodities
- Supply assurance, supporting Equipment manufacturing plant
- Manage Plant Inventory levels
MATERIAL PLANNING SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE:
- Prior Material and Inventory Planning knowledge and experience
- Prior Procurement experience, preferably in manufacturing
- Business, industry and commodity acumen
FOUNDATIONAL JOB KNOW-HOW:
- Materials Requirement Planning
- Strategy formulation, development and implementation including:
- Supplier rationalization
- Inventory Management
- Commodity Strategies
- Advanced purchasing fundamentals:
- Planning strategy & execution
- Supplier & internal customer interface
- Financial Analysis & Project Management
- Supplier Relationship Management (SRM)
- Proficient in "Problem Solving Decision Making"
- Ability to multitask and adapt priorities quickly
- Effective and advanced communication skills
- Advanced planning & analytical capability
- Ability to read and understand drawings/technical specifications
- Complex problem solving; able to identify key issues and effectively coordinate efforts to achieve resolution
- Leadership & teamwork; able to build internal & external alliances with focus on "customer relations"
- The responsibilities of the position require ability to prioritize critical deliverables.
- Builds trust by utilizing their ability to interact with others in a way that gives them confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization. Operating with integrity.
- Contributes to team success by actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Displays customer focus by ensuring that the customer perspective is the driving force behind business decisions and activities. Creating and implementing service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs now and in the future.
- Executes continuous improvement by originating action to improve existing conditions and processes. Identifying improvement opportunities; and, generating ideas and implements solutions.
- Exhibits decisive action after thorough planning by being proactive. Identifies what is necessary to achieve goals beyond what is required.
- Align one's own behavior with the organization's needs and act in a way that promotes the organization's goals
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred
- PeopleSoft ERP & SAP knowledge is preferred
- Material requirements planning experience
- 5+ years Procurement & Commodity Management
- Proficient in EXCEL
- Technical experience a plus