The Associate Commodity Manager is responsible for providing strategic and tactical support for global sourcing projects in support of the global purchasing program across Engineered Components, with an emphasis on projects related to driving the strategy for a specific group or assigned commodity. The Associate Commodity Manager will interface with all organizational levels, including functional and operating leaders, in the identification and accomplishment of sourcing projects related to position and company objectives. The Associate Commodity Manager is further responsible for the CapEx and Freight processes.
- Identifies world-class global supplier base by leading sourcing activities including supplier identification, RFQs, supplier selection, supplier qualification, and on-boarding suppliers.
- Develops long-term supplier agreements and strategic alliances on a global basis, providing support to counterparts in international divisions and in other operating groups.
- Evaluates supplier processes and monitors supplier performance to obtain lowest total supply chain including supplier audits.
- Leads commodity and cross functional projects and continuous improvement initiatives for internal processes.
- Creates and maintains various reports and analyses in support of cost reduction and supplier performance objectives.
- Complete initial supplier certifications and conduct supplier certification audits as necessary.
- Develop long term supplier agreements and take the lead in Supplier negotiations where appropriate.
- Work closely with Supplier Development Engineer regarding drawings, specifications, PPAP and other certifications to ensure manufacturing process optimization and quality control.
- In partnership with Commodity Managers, Buyers, engineering and operations, provides proactive plans to ensure company has a cohesive and comprehensive supply chain solution for assigned commodity.
- Accountable for managing total cost productivity, pay terms, and inventory reduction; ensures supplier performance for fill-rate, delivery, quality and contract compliance.
- Creates and implements strategic and tactical project plans to meet supply chain and company objectives.
- Works with Finance to assure timely and accurate tracking of productivity projects.
- Understand and ensure customer specific requirements are met.
- Other duties/projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain or business.
- 3 to 5 years of strategic sourcing experiencerequired, with demonstrated success in developing supplier partnerships
- 1 to 3 years of global sourcing with demonstrated knowledge of global commodity markets.
- Advanced PC skills in a Windows environment, including Microsoft Office package with emphasis on Excel, Project, Word, Outlook and Access (or Sequel); ability to learnother software packages and maintain an awareness of technology advancements.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; leadership abilities preferred.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to make decisions and recommendations based on data analysis required.
- Ability to quickly learn technical aspects of assigned commodity responsibilities.
- Understanding of global commodity markets and ability for use in developing strategies and negotiations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and be detail and project oriented.
- Demonstrated project management skills and the ability to contribute to strategic decisions, while driving detailed implementation plans.