We are seeking a Commodity Manager to join our team.
- Commodity management of North America.
- Purchase and plan material to support production requirements while aggressively negotiating cost reductions.
- Reduce inventory through the implementation of Kanban's and other inventory control policies that will increase material turns.
- Negotiate Purchase Orders with suppliers to provide AMETEK with a competitive total price.
- Administer contracts and daily communication with suppliers.
- Request and review quote packages for completion and accuracy.
- Work with other departments to achieve department and organization goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated adequate proficiency with the personal computer and the main frame Navision software.
- Conduct business in a professional and ethical manner consistent with AMETEK policies.
- Identify cost reduction activities.
- Actively participate in cross functional teams as required.
- Schedule material to support production requirements while keeping AMETEK financial exposure at a minimum.
- Review and understand MRP computer system for planning purposes.
- Perform other duties as required to support organizational goals and objectives.
- Purchasing authority of Purchase Orders up to $25,000.
- Set up contract Kanban orders for assigned items. Position
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor Degree in Inventory Management /
Business or related field from an accredited college or university, with a minimum of 8-10 years of work-related experience or a combination of both education and work experience.
PC-proficiency is a must, and a working understanding of information systems, in general, is required. Significant experience purchasing varied product families, such as: electronic components, fabricated items, Kanban and MRO items expected.