Harris’ Communication Systems is looking for a Supply Chain leader for our Virginia operations, including our Public Safety and Nigh Vision Goggle businesses. This role will be responsible for managing a team of experienced Supply Chain professionals who source advanced technologies from global sources. Supply Chain activities will include, but not be limited to, Purchasing, Commodity Management, Subcontracts, and Procurement Compliance. The successful candidate for this role will be highly adaptable, be able to glean advanced technologies in short order and have sound commercial skills in the areas of subcontracts, negotiation, joint development models, and supplier relationship management. This position reports to the Director of Supply Chain and is based at our Lynchburg, VA office.
- Attract, hire, develop, and lead a high performing team of Supply Chain professionals that are responsible for commercial ownership including supplier selection and development, negotiations, continuity of supply, and supplier relationship management.
- Develop and leverage internal and external partnerships and networks and find creative ways to overcome obstacles to maximize the achievement of business goals.
- Identify and develop a roadmap to drive pro-active development of unbiased value chain risk management recommendations which allow segment to effectively prioritize End-to-End investments
- Assess supplier and platform risks and develop the appropriate contingency plans. Actively support initiatives to bring risk insights into the overall decision making process
- Partner with team members on subcontract negotiations and develop negotiation strategy (approach, fallback positions, acceptable terms and conditions) through to closure.
- Highlight and drive opportunities for significant operational improvements and drive high impact initiatives with measurable results.
- Establish appropriate levels of RF-x services, competitive benchmarking, preferred supplier selection, supplier qualification and audits, technology roadmap
- Supply Chain Model: Ensure appropriate levels of strategy, definition and development to the supply chain in the areas of design, source, make and deliver have been implemented to support released products and services.
- Partner with strategic suppliers and R&D to identify key technologies and materials to enhance innovation and our competitive advantage
- Utilize SRM tools and provide sourcing leadership for the identification and execution of supplier productivity initiatives for key suppliers
- Require approximately 30-40% global travel, with peaks determined by business needs
- BA/BS or equivalent in technical or business related field.
- 10+ years of Sourcing Management or Supply Chain Management experience in applicable technology.
- 10 years of international sourcing experience, including APAC.
- 7+ years of Manufacturing and Engineeringexperience.
- Extensive experience (10-15years) in negotiating and sourcing, with strong problem solving and analytic skills.
- Strong supplier relationship management skills.
- Commercial and technical knowledge of electronic, mechanical, and electro/mechanical commodities, including their operation and associated performance and cost models.
- Experience with subcontract management & negotiations.
- Experience in influencing cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to develop short and long-term business plans and strategies.
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen.
- Excellent communication/facilitation skills; demonstrated ability to clearly and persuasively communicate ideas, issues and recommendations.
- Demonstrated collaboration capability, and ability to influence others.
- Hands-on role requiring the individual to be a self-starter, success managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Problem solving within a team environment. LeanSix Sigma knowledge and experience highly desirable.
- Proven ability to lead through change and adversity, and deliver results in challenging environments.