Commodity Documentation Team Specialist: Houston, TX
The Commodity Issuing team is responsible for the drafting and execution of commodity confirmations for all financial and physical transactions, including crude, refined products, natural gas, electricity, base metals and commodity index. This position requires assertive, acute attention to detail, an aptitude for managing multiple priorities with minimal oversight or direction.
- Draft OTC Commodity Financial and Physical trade confirmations
- Review incoming confirmations
- Collaborate closely with Sales, Trading and Trade Control to ensure proper trade terms are captured on confirmations
- Identify discrepancies, perform all necessary investigation, and directly negotiate and resolve disputes with counterparties
- Communicate regularly with clients to ensure timely execution of confirmations
- Responsible for reporting daily confirmation metrics
- Work in conjunction with all affected areas of the bank to develop and maintain globally consistent documentation process
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Previous experience with drafting and reviewing confirmations preferable but not required
- Experience and demonstrated skill in negotiation, issue resolution and escalation of disputes
- Display ability to meet multiple deadlines in a dynamic, fast pace environment
- Exhibit excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-motivated with a keen desire to learn and contribute within dynamic team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Maintain highest professional and ethical standards
- General understanding of Energy market and products
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of General Terms and Conditions (GTC's) and ISDA
More information about the job
Are you open to sponsorship?
Is there a possibility to work remote?
Is there equity?
Are there flexible work hours?
Does this position have direct reports?