Must be the company expert in managing any assigned material commodities (e.g. PCB/electronics, sheet metal, machined parts, etc.)
• Analyze, manage, and implement actions relating to material requirements that ensure an uninterrupted flow of materials and services for Production using MRP, Pull Indicators (e.g. kanban, min/max, manifests, etc) and New Product Introduction project plans.
• Anticipate and proactively mitigate risks to material procurement commitments. Work with an emphasis to not allow a Henschel customer order to go late.
• Lead commodity planning with Sales, Marketing, and Production in meeting customers’ needs (guaranteed Promise Dates), minimizing Production (WIP) delays, and ensuring supplier quality.
• Identify and obtain Engineering and other documentation essential to meet Production schedule and customer OTD requirements.
• Manage obsolescence so that commitments to Henschel customers are not at risk.
• Expeditiously maintain and execute RMA process for designated part numbers.
• Expeditiously quote parts, services, and delivery options as required.
• Create and maintain all reporting requirements (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly) as needed to monitor purchasing activity levels, support build schedules, and maintain replenishment systems.
• Work and plan to eliminate commodity material shortages and work order delays through direct involvement with Production resources, Suppliers, and Project personnel.
• Identify, plan, communicate, and implement continuous improvement op
BA/BS with a minimum of 5-7 years of commodity material management.
• Minimum of 5 years experience with material & supplier quantitative performance reporting responsibility to management.
• Minimum 5 years experience with ERP/MRP demand & forecast systems and demonstrated continuous use and mastery of these systems.
• Must have excellent MS Excel skills and demonstrated experience with timely spreadsheet analysis.
• Demonstrated Leadership ability.
• Demonstrated continuous improvement lead and problem solver.
• Demonstrated ability to exceed expectations (beyond daily work requirements).
• CPM or APICS certification Strongly desired.
Skills, Knowledge and Conditions
• Excellent computer skills with strong proficiency in Windows™ interface, Microsoft Office™ package (Microsoft Outlook®, Microsoft Excel®, Microsoft Word®, Microsoft PowerPoint®, Microsoft Access®), Microsoft Project and software.
• Ability to read, interpret and comprehend complex written and verbal instructions as well as technical publications, customer specifications, prints & drawings.
• Strong knowledge of FAR, ITAR, Counterfeit materials, obsolescence, conflict minerals and demonstrated knowledge of business challenges and opportunities driven by technology and regulations unique to the Defense market.
• Exceptional interpersonal, and decision making skills.
• Excellent organizational skills with keen attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Must be able to exhibit a positive attitude and communicate clearly and effectively, and, most importantly, promote collaboration among the team by listening intently to what others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and allowing others to speak without interruption.
• Must be available to travel.
• Must be able to obtain a security clearance, if required.