Looking for a Commissioning Senior Project Manager/Building Enclosure for Washington D.C.
Commissioning (Cx) Senior Project Manager/Building Enclosure holds overall responsibility for assigned projects of medium to high scope and complexity. Duties include planning and executing a management plan specific to each project, delivering quality products and services to the client in a timely manner, and serving as the primary contact between SSR project team and the client. This position is also responsible for coordinating and scheduling activities with the client, the contractors, and the Cx team.
The Building Enclosure is responsible for creating environmental separation between controlled interior conditions and the uncontrolled exterior environment. As building enclosure systems become increasingly complex, there is a corresponding increase in demand for engineering consulting services to verify the performance of these systems.
- Completes the project scope and requirements with the client and other stakeholders and communicates project scope and requirements to the project team
- Identifies activities required of the Cx team, schedules activities, communicates schedule information to the project team, and monitors manpowerrequirements
- Coordinates activities of the project team and contractors during the design and construction phases
- Organizes, schedules, and attends meetings with contractors, clients, and/or the Cx team to schedule activities, discuss progress, and resolve issues as they arise
- Facilitates communication between the client and the project team; documents important issues
- Manages and/or prepares commissioning plans, which are made up of pre-functional checklists, functional performance tests, training matrix, and any additional necessary documentation
- Participates in planning and budgeting processes, which includes preparing monthly billing projections and budget metrics as required by management
- Oversees the profitability of the project by negotiating fees and contracts as may be appropriate, participating in the budgeting process, ensuring that invoices are accurate and delivered in a timely manner, and monitoring accounts receivable
- Prepares the final commissioning report that documents all activities
- Acts as a technical expert in the field to support Cx activities, demonstrate competence to customers, and develop strategic plans for the Cx team
- Assists contractors in determining the cause(s) of non-compliant performance of equipment and systems; performers necessary follow up work and documentation
- Performs and reports on project job site visits to investigate field conditions, monitor progress, and ensure conformance to design specifications, owner expectations, and building codes during construction
- Coordinates and directs enclosure testing and warranty reviews.
- Verifies that preventative maintenance material and record documents for commissioned equipment and systems have been collected, reviewed, and forwarded to the owner
- Assists management in the training, mentoring, and evaluation of less experienced colleagues. Performs condition surveys and failure investigation of existing buildings related to building enclosure air and moisture leakage.
An ideal candidate will possess the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, or related field
- Eight years of project experience; experience in commissioning preferred
- Registered Professional Engineerpreferred
- Knowledge of building enclosure systems (roofing, below grade waterproofing, or vertical wall systems)
- Knowledge of building codes and regulations