Job Id: 622
We have an immediate opening for a Commissioning Project Manager in the Greater Los Angeles area in our Claremont, CA office to join our growing Building Commissioning team. We are looking for an entrepreneurial-minded leader who enjoys the challenges associated with working in teams, project leadership, and complex projects. A successful candidate exhibits a strong work ethic, broad range of technical knowledge, intellectual curiosity, excellent communication skills, and has the ability to influence and motivate people. Farnsworth Group’s work sharing and collaborative culture will expand the candidate’s interaction with multiple national offices and projects. Project Manager responsibilities include execution of building commissioning and energy projects from planning through operations with minimal supervision. This position would be responsible for managing satisfaction for existing clients along with developing new client relationships. Significant opportunities for career growth accompany this position.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- BS Degree in Architectural, Mechanical, or ElectricalEngineering or Construction Management. Technical related degrees may be considered.
- 5 - 10years of experience in commissioning or a technical consulting field such as facility design, engineering, construction management or related area.
- Strong knowledge of building systems including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and control systems.
- Previous commissioning experience with higher education, k-12, health care, mission critical, and/ or commercial facilities.
- Previous LEED® and/ or sustainable design project experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to build successful partnerships and collaborative teams both internally and with other organizations.
- Previous experience with winning teamwork, leadership and highly collaborative environments.
- Strong background with using software and tablet devices to maximize site observations and efficiency of commissioning tasks.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally.
- Prior experience in business development and marketing of building commissioning, condition assessment or energy related services.
- Registered professional engineering license.
- Commissioning Authority or other commissioning certifications.
- Previous experience with retro-commissioning of existing facilities.
- Energy engineeringexperience including energy auditing or energy modeling.
- Additional Certifications: PMP, CEM, LEED® GA or AP Federal projects experience.