We are seeking an experienced Commissioning Professional to join our Phoenix, AZ office. The position will carry out activities related to project construction and contract administration including developing and coordinating system test procedures, organizing user training sessions, administering functional performance tests, conducting field observations, attending progress meetings, and assisting in document control.
- Manage the execution of building commissioning, retro-commissioning and energy savings projects.
- Provide hands-on field level support of construction and functional testing phases of new building commissioning projects.
- Perform commissioning and energy focused design reviews to ensure that systems can be properly field tested and maintained.
- Execute and integrate the commissioning process of MEP systems found in the following building types: Healthcare, Educational, Laboratory and Central Utility Plants.
- Conduct field observation surveys and prepare field reports on the status of equipment and installations with respect to compliance to drawings and specifications.
- Observe and document equipment startups, test and balance activities, and functional performance tests.
- Prepare commissioning field reports and maintain commissioning deficiency logs.
If you are passionate about commissioning, we want to hear from you!
- Technical or Associate degree in HVAC, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, or architectural design, or construction engineering from an accredited technical institution or college preferred; commensurate operations and maintenance experiencerequired.
- 10+ years of hands on experience in construction management/administration, commissioning, retro-commissioning, facilities management/operation, mechanicalcontracting or MEP coordination.
- Knowledge of test and balance, and controls.
- Ability to create Pre-Functional Checklists and Functional Performance Tests for various MEP systems and equipment.
- Able to effectively use web-based commissioning tools.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Strong spoken and written communications skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Quick technical comprehension and motivation focused on client outcomes.
- Able to effectively prioritize multiple tasks.
- Effective working individually and within team environments.