LaBella Associates was established in 1978 and has been voted a Top Workplace for the last five years. We are headquartered in Rochester, NY with offices across New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, North and South Carolina, and Madrid, Spain. LaBella is a multi-disciplined architectural and engineering firm dedicated to client satisfaction through teamwork, respect, and trust. We provide services that take a project from start to finish—from an initial studyto determine a project’s feasibility to construction administration and start up, and everything in between.
We currently are looking for qualified candidates in our Albany, Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse, NY office locations to lead Commissioning projects as part of our Energy & Commissioning group. LaBella’s Energy & Commissioning group provides our employees a collaborative, professional working environment, allowing for personal growth and responsibility on a variety of significant projects that serve our target markets.
The Commissioning Manager will provide commissioning, retro-commissioning and energy related services for complex buildings and systems. Job duties will include:
- Develop and refine methodologies, tools, and standards in support of an evolving commissioning practice.
- Serve as a lead Commissioning Agent, subject matter expert, and client coordinator for multi-discipline commissioning projects.
- Attend Commissioning meetings and communicate professionally with clients and senior project leaders.
- Provide managerial direction and work assignments to commissioning engineers, commissioning specialists and other project team members as well as technical guidance to junior engineers.
- Develop and execute commissioning plans, testing and reporting. Conduct on-site investigation and inspection of multi-discipline projects.
- Maintain familiarity with appropriate engineering and construction codes. Remain current with industry trends and best practices.
- Identify target clients and cultivate effective relationships with existing and potential key clients, customers and contractors to develop business.
- Contribute to business development strategy, proposal development, customer interviews, and contract negotiation.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant job experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Obtained or in pursuit of a NYS PE License.
- Energy and/or Commissioning certifications from industry organizations is a plus (CEM, CBCP, BCxP, BEAP, etc.)
- Demonstrated success in Commissioning and Project Management.
- Mechanical design experience in HVAC and controls. Functional working knowledge and problem solving ability for M/E/P/FP, and building automation systems.
- Perform work in field environments including elevated areas, confined spaces, outdoors, mechanical rooms, etc. Perform physical activities as required to complete on site commissioning activities.
- Able to travel for assignments to project locations. Occasionally perform Cx activities outside normal business hours as construction schedules or tasks require.
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Verizon Wireless Discount
Requisition ID : 1443