Merrick & Company is seeking a Commissioning Engineer to become part of our growing Commissioning team. This is a Full-time position
- Oversee, coordinate and perform detailed field commissioning services for all types of facilities including; laboratories, nuclear spaces, hospitals, computer centers, general office facilities, clean rooms.
- Generate commissioning plans; write commissioning specifications; develop commissioning installation checklists and functional test procedures; verify and validate commissioned systems controls and equipment; document commissioning process, develop final commissioning report, and develop systems manuals.
- Frequent travel to project/client locations is required with possible international travel.
- US Citizenship required.
- 5 years or more experience in the commissioning of bio-containment laboratory facilities (BSL-3, BSL-3Ag, BSL-4), including HVAC (air and hydronic), controls, plumbing, laboratory equipment, fire protection, security, and/or electricalsystems
- Will be considered:
- 5 years or more experience in the design of HVAC (air and hydronic), controls, plumbing, laboratory equipment, fire protection, security, and/or electricalsystems for bio-containment laboratory facilities OR
- 5 years or more experience in commissioning of other types of high-tech, mission-critical facilities
- The desired candidate will be ambitious and flexible; have a talent for efficiency and process improvement; and have an attitude to succeed
- Self-starter and independently motivated individual. Must be able to work as a member of a close team and be able to work independently as necessary.
- Good organizational and planning skills with the ability to direct a team through the execution of the commissioning process
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience coordinating with both owners and contractors as well as the ability to lead project meetings are necessary.
- Ability to generate accurate, detailed reports is a must.
- Ability to read and understand building drawings, specifications, and submittals
- Knowledge of controls systems and control sequences.
- Must be proficient in the use of computers and Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point). Familiarity with AutoCad and/or Revit will be considered an asset.
- Must be able to obtain a US security clearance.
- Either Maryland, the greater DC area or the greater Atlanta area is preferred; however, otherlocations near major airports will be considered
- Ability to travel to project/client locations located in the US and internationally
Degree / Experience Requirements
- Minimum four (4) year technical degree with at least five (5) years’ experience in commissioning, design and/or similar work
- Experience with HVAC controls systems and protocols (e.g. JCI, Siemens, ALC, BACnet, Modbus, etc) considered a plus
- Physically mobile in and around construction sites and facilities
- Able to climb ladders
- Mobile crawling in and around mechanical space with piping and ductwork
- Ability to carry test instruments and equipment
- Lift 50 pounds
Job ID 2018-1130