position at Faith Technologies can be the answer to your future career. As a Commissioning Engineer 1, you’ll be part of a progressive national leader in electrical planning, engineering, technology and energy services.
Faith Technologies enables employee growth and success through industry-leading training and development, utilization of the latest industry technologies, and an uncompromised focus on safety.
We recognize and reward top performers, offering competitive, merit-based compensation, career path development and a flexible and robust benefits package that boasts everything from paid training and tuition reimbursement to an award-winning wellness program.
The Commissioning Engineer 1 is responsible for the successful development, implementation, and coordination of project commissioning plans and documents, as well as conducting on-site/jobsite training, coaching, and auditing of jobsite commissioning activities. This work is completed under the general oversight of an upper level Commissioning Engineer, and in coordination with the Commissioning Manager. The ideal candidate must be proficient in the use of a PC and Microsoft Office Suite, knowledge of the National Electric Code (NEC) is required, and experience with electrical equipment commissioning is desired.
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering Technology Degree
- Education: Associate of Applied Science Degree
- Experience: 5 years of hands-on field commissioning experience and a demonstrated aptitude for effective documentation
- Work with Preconstruction Managers and Project Managers at the beginning of projects to define Cx requirements and establish plans to complete commissioning documentation and other deliverables
- Create relational data sets such as equipment list, equipment group, feeders, feeder schedule and commissioning class from project construction drawings, electrical specifications and submittals.
- With direction from upper level Commissioning Engineer, completes detailed procedures and checklists to document the equipment performs to the specifications and the equipment is integrated into a functioning system.
- Assist Commissioning Site Lead with establishing structure and training for field data and systems.
- Conducts field surveys, collects and enters data to ensure that installations conform to applicable standards and customer requirements.
- Provide support material or reports to Project Managers as required.
- Provide reports that documents the design and installation conforms to applicable standards as well as customer requirements.
- Provide support for field commissioning activities through research and addressing needs during the commissioning process.
- Provide guidance to office and field teams to ensure construction activities comply with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
- Inspects completed installations to ensure conformance to design, code, and equipment specifications.
- Performs other related duties as required.