With 2016 revenues of approximately $10.9 billion, Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (Jacobs) is one of the largest publicly traded (NYSE: JEC) and diverse providers of professional technical services in the world. Founded in 1947, the company now has nearly 54,000 employees that help us prosper in diverse industries by holding true to our values and culture. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, our global network spans more than 230+ offices in countries across North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Australia, Africa and Asia.
The company’s service portfolio consists of a comprehensive range of business solutions related to engineering, architecture, construction, operations and maintenance and scientific and specialty consulting.
Leads and manages specialist personnel to provide a planned, documented and managed engineering approach to the start-up, commissioning and turnover of facilities, systems, and equipment to the end-user, resulting in a safe and functional environment that meets established design requirements and stakeholder expectations.
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, budgets, procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various commissioning phases of a project
- Identifies owner’s goals, needs, and expectations for building operation and function; identifies the commissioning responsibilities
- Defines commissioning roles and scope for members of design, commissioning and construction teams; prepares commissioning plan and interfaces with validation plan where applicable. Confers with project staff to devise work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority
- Develops and supports startup/commissioning safety plans and procedures, assures conformance to company guidelines and practices
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems
- Monitors commissioning results against technical specifications; ensures that commissioning is executed in line with established company practices and procedures
- Understands the formal Design Record documents and location/accessibility. Assures insitu conformance to C&Q documentation requirements.
- Reviews system boundaries and develops project startup and turnover sequence.
- Reviews status reports prepared by commissioning personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required
- Prepares commissioning progress reports for management, client, or others
- Coordinates and/or attends design, construction, startup, commissioning and qualification meetings
- Reviews and approves RFIs and change orders related to the commissioned systems
- Initiates and optimizes cost effective system design
- Participates in detail technical review of work processes (both 2D and 3D)
- Performs design review of 3D data base and models
- Prepares standard discipline deliverables including standard work processes and tools
- 10-15 years of relevant experience required
- Demonstrated safety leadership experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college required but may be offset by experience required.
- Training experience required.