Job ID 2017-1972
Being part of the solution. Lifelong learning. Contributing to complex projects that address some of the most significant challenges facing society. This is where we thrive. Now it’s your turn.
Affiliated Engineers, Inc. is a leading US-based multi-disciplinary consulting engineering firm that plans, designs, and delivers high performance engineered systems for technically complex buildings and utility infrastructure projects. Nationally and internationally, AEI specializes in the healthcare, research, energy production and distribution, higher education, industrial, mission critical, and high-performance design markets. Building Design+Construction magazine ranks AEI in the top ten of US engineering firms overall, and in the top ten of healthcare, university, science and technology, and Federal government engineers. AEI has received 13 R&D Magazine Lab of the Year awards.
Being a part of a collaborative team, working in innovative environments, encouraging exceptional performance, and exploring outside interests and professional development; AEI recognizes our employees are the most valuedpart of our firm. They are the core of what has made AEI a great firm to work for and why our culture promotes a remarkable work/life balance. AEI offers:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with immediate vesting
- Life and disability insurance
- Flexible spending plan
- Employee assistance plan
- Educational and professional development opportunities
- Reimbursement for membership in professional associations
- Paid time off and holidays
We are seeking a Commissioning Engineer to join our Pasadena, CA office. The Commissioning Engineer willcarry out activities related to project construction and contract administration including developing and coordinating system test procedures, organizing user training sessions, administering functional performance tests, conducting field observations, attending progress meetings, and assisting in document control.
- 5+ years of hands on experience in construction management/administration, commissioning, retro- commissioing, facilities management/operation, mechanical contracting or MEP coordination.
- Knowledge of test and balance, and controls is required.
- Knowledge of electrical and life safety systems is a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- EIT Certification and on track for PE License
- Experience with SkySpark or other buildings analytics platforms is a plus but not required.
- Strong spoken and written communications skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Quick technical comprehension and motivation focused on client outcomes.
- Able to effectively prioritize multiple tasks.
- Effective working individually and within team environments.