At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We're investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people's lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we're a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
The Head of Document Review is responsible for managing the review of all CBG commercial lending documents before release for customer signing and before boarding. Document review function ensures that business terms and covenants from credit approval process are correctly reflected in loan documentation, that documents contain approved legal terms, and that all collateral due diligence and compliance requirements have been met. Owns accountability and decision making authority for all commercial lending documents before release to customer and before boarding.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage document review team to conduct document reviews for all CBG commercial lending documents, whether internally or externally prepared. Oversees and improves as needed, the operational systems, processes, and policies in support of the Commercial Banking Group's goals.
- Implements and manages operational plans, policies, and procedures to maximize efficiency and accuracy. Manage conflicts of policy interpretation and escalate document requests when necessary to CBG Risk Manager and Chief Credit Officer
- Oversee training of document review staff to build skills and ensure relevant knowledge of all CBG commercial lending deal types
- Establish standards for loan documentation. Communicate document review policies to all relevant CBG commercial lending stakeholders. Liaises with division management and assists with development of operational plans.
- Work with CBG and Corporate Risk to ensure that all control requirements for commercial loans are met. Monitors and implements needed changes to ensure group adherence to bank policy as well as federal and state banking regulations.
Other Job Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area.
- Typically has advanced knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with understanding of the impact of work on other areas of the organization.
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Expertise in commercial loan documentation and legal terms across multiple industries.
- Expertise in commercial loan collateral and due diligence processes across multiple industries.
- Expertise in commercial loan compliance requirements across multiple industries.
- 10+ years experience managing commercial loan administration and / or documentation functions.