Bio-Rad Laboratories is looking for a highly motivated and proactive Senior Product Manager focused on marketing campaigns and sales tools for the ZE5 Cell Analyzer. The successful candidate will have knowledge of the cytometry market, the technical chops to run a flow cytometer, and the marketing experience to successfully commercialize a high-end life science instrument for multiple applications and research areas. In this role, you will have the opportunity to grow the business around a high end flow cytometer for the global Bio-Rad Flow and Antibodies (FAB) group. To achieve your goals, you must position the product to win in targeted markets and application segments against competitive products and incumbent players. Note: This is a remote position.
- Develop a commercial strategy, then lead, with support of your partners throughout the organization, the execution of that strategy effectively.
- Generate awareness and leads to support the sales force with a strong emphasis on digital marketing tactics including web, email, video, podcasts, social media, display, search engine optimization, and PPC.
- Develop a content strategy and create and deliver marketing content across multiple channels to educate and convert customers as they move across their buying journey.
- Create customer education materials related to the product with emphasis on targeted applications and research areas.
- Develop external collaborations for the purposes of generating data for application notes and customer presentations.
- Communicate the value of your products, provide exemplary product training, and deliver sales tools to the sales force to ensure their success when talking to potential customers.
- Collaborate effectively with global marcom, regional sales, and various marketing partners to carry out, measure, and optimize marketing campaigns across multiple regions.
- Deep scientific and technical knowledge of flow cytometry, cell analysis, and cell biology is required, especially around markets, competitors, customers, and applications to develop a winning commercialization strategy for the ZE5 Cell Analyzer.
- Strong business insight, analytical and strategic thinking, and customer focus are essential.
- Must have a solid foundation in marketing including market segmentation, positioning, pricing, marketing communication mix, and knowledge of marketing automation technologies, marketing analytics, and inbound marketing tactics.
- Experience in leading without authority and working successfully in cross-functional teams in a matrixed organization are required.
- Strong communication and presentation skills are essential to interact directly with highly technical customers as well as present at conferences and meetings.
- Must have strong writing and content producing ability, and must be able to write original technical and marketing content in a timely manner.
- Must be organized, have project management and planning skills, and be an effective problem solver;
- Must also be creative, proactive, resourceful, and self-motivated.
- Minimum of a BS/BA degree is required (MS or PhD preferred) with 5+ years of experience in marketing and/or product management in the life scientific markets is required.
- Sales experience is a plus.
- International and domestic travel is required (25-50%).