$80K — $100K *
We are seeking an individual with experience in the ESG ratings space, to help develop, commercialize and manage our ESG Risk Rating-based suite of offers for corporate, bank, government and other clients. You will work closely with sales team and customers to design, debug, train and grow your Offers in the market. Your success will be measured by the long-term sales success of the offers that you create and support. You will need to be organized and able to manage your work like a project through releases.
In this role you will be responsible for the commercialization of one or more Offers as assigned. An offer may be a Product, Solution or DocSet.
• Your focus will be on supporting the sales team in their pursuit of supporting customers. Your job is to equip sales with what they need to sell more of your Products and Solutions and keep their customers satisfied.
• You will be responsible for growing revenues from your Products and Solutions and new ones that you invent. For new Offers you will lead building a concept, then business case, working with stakeholders to find support, provide insight to guide the proposal and assure you are proposing something feasible.
• Especially for new Products and Solutions you will have a responsibility for bootstrapping sales, often doing business development and sales support. This responsibility will remain throughout the product’s lifecycle, where it is expected that you will attend events and find other opportunities to grow sales of your products.
• You will be sales support to the sales team where they need expert advice to close a sale, and support the research teams, where they need your technical expertise.
• You will work closely with “Research Managers” and “Product Managers” from other teams, whose role is to build the Offers that you specify. Your focus will be at creating a product vision and set of customer specifications, working with the Research Manager and Product Managers, and other internal experts to create this Product Definition that they can then take to build the solution. This will at times require compromise, refinement, and many iterations.
• You will work closely with your manager and leaders in the commercial organization to assure that your product fits into a broader picture and strategy.
• You will be expert in managing change with stakeholders for your Offers and you will manage your Offers according to company product management processes, including stakeholder engagement, approval processes and product development reporting.
• You will manage a Roadmap for your Offers, prioritization and assure that your roadmaps fits commercial plans and supports sales targets.
• Thought Leadership: become a thought leader and industry expert for your assigned Products and Solutions, you should be presenting at events relating to your product and be active in social media and other marketing forums to promote your products.
• Develop a deep understanding of your customers and the problem that your Offers are trying to solve by meeting with customers and the sales team, define product requirements, new features, refine value proposition and test commercial viability of products, optimize packaging and refine our approach to the market for your assigned products
• Enable sales by leading the development of key messaging, sales materials, proposals, legal contracts or other documents needed for sales, go-to market strategy, training sales teams and ironing out and knocking down any obstacles that fall in way of the sales processes for your assigned Offers;
• Partner with marketing to support your Offer objectives, conduct market research, be expert with respect to the competition, organize a presence at key events and develop marketing content;
• Be expert in the competitive, regulatory, economic impacts and opportunities for your products and provide regular market updates and strategic marketing intelligence, at least quarterly.
• Participate as a team member in the development of solutions for our customers at a suite level, as a resource to other Commercialization Managers, and by creating and pitching new Offer ideas to the product team to increase sales;
• Keep management informed regularly on progress and impediments, prepare proposals and network internally to secure buy-in and budgets to assure that your products are well supported.
• At least 2 years of relevant work experience, especially related to ESG ratings. Experience in ESG research would be an asset.
• 2+ years of demonstrated experience in product marketing, product management or work experience related to tasks above.
• Proven ability to work cross-functionally with ease and manage competing interests.
• Proven ability to excel in a dynamic environment where there is a high degree of uncertainty.
• Related technical training or academic experience.
• Outstanding communication skills.
• Alignment with Sustainalytics’ mission, vision and values.
Valid through: 6/25/2021
$80K — $100K *
11 days ago