Duties and Responsibilities (Key Deliverables):
- Drives the corporate sales targeting process by evaluating markets and promotional opportunities through collaboration with the field sales organization (FSO).
- Creates formal networks with key decision makers and serves as external spokesperson for the organization
- Exercises wide latitude in determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments.
- Provides indirect leadership to professional individual contributors and/or skilled, support individual contributors (e.g., technicians, designers, support personnel)
- Acts as advisor to Business unit or sub-units and may become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems
- Develops and maintains critical and high-profile business relationships with hospital personnel.
- Viewed as an expert by the company and the FSO
- Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways
- Has complete knowledge of all company products and services and may be tasked with sales/development of new or strategic products
- Provides technical expertise through sales presentations, product demonstrations, implantation and maintenance of company products.
- Works with FSO to meet existing and potential clients (e.g., physicians, physician office groups at hospitals) to identify their clinical needs, goals, and constraints related to patient care and to discuss and demonstrate how company products can help them to achieve their goals and meet patient/client's needs.
- Work with Regional VP of Sales in determining needs and opportunities in respective territories
- Facilitate Agency sales meetings with focus on selling the product line
- Co-travel with agents and make sales calls with reps/agents
- Promotes company products to current and potential customers within a defined market by providing clinical education of implant procedures and support for a variety of issues.
- Responds to customer needs and complaints regarding products and service by developing creative and feasible solutions or working with other related personnel (e.g., sales, clinical, research, marketing, technical support) to develop optimal solutions.
- Provides follow-up support to FSO and customer personnel by disseminating technical information on specific applications.
- In conjunction with Sales Training Department, responsible for Sales Training for respective product line(s)
- Functions as subject matter expert during sales training events
- Trains and educates FSO and Customers on the merits and proper clinical usage of company products.
- Giving presentations and demonstrations using appropriate formats and platforms (e.g., platform training, slides, manuals, etc.) to keep FSO and Customers abreast of new and existing products
- Participate in third-party medical education events
- Typically attends and may oversee surgeries/implants in a clinical setting including labs and operation rooms of hospital accounts
- May perform patient follow-up to assure customer and patient success with the implanted products
- Develops and maintains business relationships with hospital personnel.
- Be a team player
- Improve the existing marketing and engineering teams' selling skills
- Work closely with the marketing personnel to convey field lessons, perceptions and market intelligence gleaned from extensive field exposure
- Provide inputs to annual marketing and training agenda
- Monitor and drive for improved profitability of individual agencies,
- Including inventory turns
- Consignment and loaner policies
- Collaborate with sales leadership on corrective action where necessary
- Collaborate with sales leadership on agent quotas establishment and attainment
- Collaborate with sales leadership to ensure the FSO remains engaged and focused on driving success with the product line
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel (Team Lead)
- Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Has expert level knowledge of company products and services and may be tasked with introducing new products
- Interacts with senior management, and others concerning matters of significance to the company
- Conducts business and technical briefings for senior and top management and for the FSO
- Strategically aligns the departments and corporate divisions to meet short term and midterm goals.
- Know and apply the Quality System and any appropriate Federal and International standards.
- Assist and support other employees, teams, and sales personnel as necessary.
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution required; Master's Degree preferred
· A minimum of 10 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 8 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD with 5 years experience; or equivalent experience.
Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
· Strong understanding of orthopaedic industry
· Knowledge of market nationally
· Ability to interact with surgeons and sales personnel
· Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills
· Valid Driver's License
· Ability to travel 75% of timeQualifications
Bachelors or better.