Req. ID: 29022
Seasoned professional Engineer or Scientist with demonstrated knowledge and historical success with commercialization of newly developed materials and scale up processes. Work with small multi-site, multi-company development team to commercialize new food safe jettable materials for use in 3D printers. Engineer/Scientist will work closely with formulators, material systems engineer and cross functional product development team to commercialize new materials at toll vendors, and develop and implements sustaining engineering to support the products after commercialization.
This employee is be an employee of Brill, headquartered in Atlanta, GA, but the position will be located in Willsonville, OR on site at 3D Systems. The position will have a direct reporting line to management at Brill, with a dotted line to local management at 3D Systems. Periodic travel to Brill headquarters as well as toll manufacturing facility is expected.
- Commercialization of new food safe jettable materials for use in 3D printing
- Work within the materials team to develop strong understanding of raw materials, formulation, processing requirements and quality testing methodology.
- Works cross functionally with full project team to communicate needs and issues related to timeline for commercialization
- Work with toll or contract manufacturer to ensure readiness of commercialization; set up, commissioning, qualification and verification, as well as quality testing systems and readiness
- Develop and implement sustaining engineering to support products after commercialization
- Critical independent thinking and decision making.
- Self starter able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary for success in this position
Demonstrated cross-functional effectiveness
- Working knowledge of statistical process control, design of experiments (DOE) and Design for Lean Six Sigma (DfLSS)
- Working knowledge of structured problem solving technique
- Experience with developing and implementing a quality control system, familiarity with quality control methodologies and system is a must
- Self- motivation
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent com
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or other Physical science or Materials engineering degree with relevant industrialexperience. Advanced degree desirable.
- Minimum 5+ years' experience in scale up, and commercialization of chemicalprocesses and sustaining engineering. Inkjet materials experience is highly desirable.