Commercial VR Marketing Manager
It’s an amazing time to be a part of HP! As the world’s #1 manufacturer of printers and PCs, HP creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Within HP’s PC division, the marketing team is looking for a XR industry insider who has shown they can lead global marketing teams to develop and execute end-to-end marketing strategies that drive business results. You’ll be leading our Commercial VR marketing team to drive awareness, consideration and preference for our growing ecosystem of productions and solutions. This is a key strategic focus area for HP and will be a major growth driver for the whole company. This is your opportunity to get in while the foundation is still being built, and be an integral leader on the team that will grow Commercial VR into a success story for HP.
Reporting directly to the Head of Global Marketing for Workstations with a dotted line to the General Manager of VR, you’ll sit on the global VR staff representing marketing and leading a team of marketing professionals based around the world. The ideal candidate will be a classically trained integrated marketer who also has intimate knowledge of and contacts within the XR industry.
- Contribute as a senior business leader, proactively counselling senior-level management on critical Commercial VR decisions
- Build the development of an insights-led marketing strategy and plan for the Commercial VR portfolio in close collaboration with business leadership, regional marketing, and go-to-market teams
- Create differentiated positioning of Commercial VR products and solutions, reinforced through messaging, and aligned with adjacent VR products
- Manage a roster of marketing agencies to develop world-class positioning and marketing programs that are delivered on time and drive measureable results
- Leverage contacts within the XR industry to build new relationships and partnerships
- Manage all budgets, partner funding and forecasting
- Cultivate excitement internally around Commercial VR
- Act as a functional manager but will not manage other employees as a primary job function to start. As the success of VR grows, your team will grow.
Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum of 8 years in marketing roles with at least 2 years specifically in the XR industry
- Deep knowledge of digital, social and content marketing, ideally in a commercial environment
- Balance of strategic prowess and creative evaluation acumen
- Prior leadership experience (people, campaigns, agencies)
- Strong written and oral communications skills, including negotiating, presenting, and influencing
- Solid organizational skills including team-building, conflict resolution and consensus-building, ideally in a matrix organization
- Ability to manage and influence virtual teams
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and functional disciplines, both within and outside HP
- International brand experience, ideally with a prior role in a region or country
- Pragmatic approach to managing crises – someone who always finds a way to “get it done”
- Passionate, driven, dependable and transformational – a real change agent
- Flexibility to travel domestically and globally – approximately 15%