Commercial Underwriter II
Commercial Underwriting Position Description:
This position will provide support to commercial lending teams.
Provide expertise in underwriting, structuring, servicing and documenting new and renewal credits. Responsible for identifying, gathering and analyzing relevant information to assess credit risk, establish viability of sources of repayment and determine appropriate loan structures. Act as lead underwriter in collaboration with bankers in preparing credit approval memos with recommendations consistent with bank policy that illustrate well-reasoned analysis. Perform servicing reviews and support management of the assigned portfolio to identify and minimize risk to the Bank. Provide quality customer service, including participation in joint calls on customers, as needed. Assist in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor degree with 6 years commercial lending or credit analysis experience.
- High school diploma or GED with 10 years commercial lending or credit analysis experience.
- Strong PC, software and financial analysis skills
- Ability to thoroughly analyze complex credits on an independent basis
- Excellent knowledge of financial accounting, loan structuring, commercial products and services, loan documentation requirements, legal issues, credit grades, credit processes, etc. to support larger and more complex credit requests
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to properly assess issues related to a credit request and present them clearly and accurately
- Ability to collaborate across multiple functional areas (e.g. credit, banker, credit risk, audit) and Regions
- Ability to excel in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks concurrently
Ability to travel if needed Apply Now >>