Commercial Underwriter 2
Establish and maintain effective credit underwriting practices to ensure credit quality is maintained and support a risk balanced growth of the Commercial Loan Portfolio. Effectively underwrite loan requests to maintain the credit quality of the Region’s loan portfolio. Ensure adherence to credit terms, conditions and credit policy.
- Perform detailed analysis and quality underwriting of loan requests for new customers. Prepare comprehensive written analyses for loan requests including summary of financial statements, cash flow and trends, management profiles, business and product cycles, operating performance and appropriate economic and market research. Recommend appropriate risk rating. Proactively and independently identify loan structure alternatives and make appropriate recommendations. Ensure loan terms and conditions adhere to established credit policy. Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, agency guidelines and organizational policies. Attend Loan Committee to provide input on overall assessment and answer questions regarding credit analysis as necessary. Prospects are generally of a moderate to high complexity.
- Assist Portfolio Managers with annual reviews and loan renewals as work flow of new loan requests will permit. Aggregate exposure greater than $10,000,000.
- Participate in prospect / customer meetings as necessary and appropriate to provide credit perspective.
- Participate in special projects and perform additional duties as required.
- Minimum 8+ years relevant experience
Job Location Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States