Commercial Strategy Lead- Oncology/Hematology - 145077
PPD is seeking an experienced Commercial Strategy Lead (CSL) for our global Strategic Proposals Group. This role is responsible for managing a cross-functional proposal development team from opportunity identification through final decision, specializing in Oncology and Hematology projects.
Our CSL's lead high-impact teams to building winning strategies in order to maximize RFI/RFP hit rates resulting in business growth.
- Identifies, directs and executes winning proposal strategy, allocates proposal development team, and determines the level of proposal deliverable and key selling messages.
- Ensures operational strategy and budget align with customer needs and win strategy.
- Leads cross functional team through the development delivery of high quality proposal deliverables within prescribed timelines, making the final decision to submit proposal to client.
- Establishes efficient and aligned processes across functions.
- Manages proposal deliverable to PPD profitability targets.
- Manages and oversees escalations process.
- Leads the planning and prioritization of competitive intelligence and analysis for winning strategies/proposal development and identifies opportunities for refining the process.
- Develops KPI's and proposal strategic plans for assigned area, Partners with Clinical Operations, Commercial Organization and GPD to enhance proposal efficiency management to decrease COS.
- Collaborates with operations strategy lead and/or appropriate leadership team to monitor margin performance and ability to execute to plan and makes appropriate recommendations.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 12-15 years’) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
- Clinical Project Management experience and/or Strategic Proposal experience preferred.
- Experience within a CRO or Pharma company providing comprehensive understanding of sponsor/CRO business practices and advanced knowledge of operational/financial practices, with the ability to analyze and evaluate processes and procedures
- Background in Oncology, Vaccine, Rare Disease and/or Hematology preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven leadership skills in a matrixed environment; proven ability to effectively influence executive/c- suite team members relative to contribution to client deliverables
- Comprehensive understanding of the proposal development process, contract deliverables, budgeting and the overall business organization and functional areas, and commercial strategy
- Excellent customer relationship management skills and strong commercial acumen
- Ability to work in a high pressure/time sensitive environment including the ability to handle multiple issues onmultiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational agility, negotiation skills, and demonstrated drive for results
- Proven ability to build peer relationships and effective teams with demonstrated global and cultural awareness
- Effective coaching, persuasion and mentoring skills
- Excellent analytical skills, oral and written communications, strong attention to detail, prioritization and time management proficiencies
Working Conditions and Environment:
- Exposure to high pressure, intense concentration needed
- Must pay constant attention to detail-visual, mental
- Must be able to multi-task constantly
- Frequent interaction with clients / associates required
- Long, varied hours required occasionally
- Travel required on rare occasions, travel might be on short notice
- Frequently stationary for 6-8 hours per day.
- Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Frequent mobility required.
- Occasional crouching, stooping, bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
- Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs.
- Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Frequently interacts with others to obtain or relate information to diverse groups.
- Works independently with little guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions and plans work schedules to meet goals. Requires multiple periods of intense concentration.
- Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multi-task.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength and fosters an environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group.
- Strategic Proposals Development