San Diego, CA
8 - 10 years
Posted 184 days ago
· Serves as the Storage expert to the partner for a wide range of extremely complex information regarding product, services, and software transitions, promotions, and configurations.
· Integrates company offerings to become a key part of the partner's Storage business and solutions; May be brought in by partner to sell company brand to end customers.
· Establishes and maintains account plans to promote sales growth
Achieves assigned quota for company products, services and software
· Transactional and relationship selling within, and directing, a team of selling professionals; physically visits partner customers at their offices.
· Grow the company business overall and the company's share of business by developing deep strategic relationships with partners.
· Creates, fills-in and manages the company's funnel for deals with partners and transforms potential leads into joint sales activities.
· Actively engages company resources and senior executives to build strategic relationships with the partner which ensures long- term business opportunities for the company.
· Provides the business rationale and risk assessment for making company investments in the partner.
Education and ExperienceRequired -
· University or Bachelor's degree; advanced degree or MBA preferred.
· Typically 7+ years or more of selling experience at end-user account or partner level.
· Experience as successful account/business manager, selling to CxO and decision-maker level.
Knowledge and Skills –
· Deep understanding of the IT industry, competing vendors, and the channel. Dimensions include competitive positioning and business models.
· Deep understanding of the company's organization & operations, including key business rules, and alignment with company GBU go-to-market strategies, partner segmentation, key programs & initiatives, structure and business model.
· Deep understanding of the company's products, software, and services. Able to communicate the strengths of company's offerings relative to competition, and overcome objections.
· Effectively sells company offerings by building strategic relationships with partner senior management, principles and decision makers; aligning partner and company processes; and promoting company programs and offerings.
· Develops strategic plans with the partner to grow the size of the business and company's share.
· Partners effectively with others in the account to ensure coordinated efficient account management.
· Ability to motivate partner's sales force.
· Coordinates and directs efforts across company sales teams.
· Deep understanding of pipeline management discipline and ability to explain benefits to partners/sales teams.
· Proficient in MS PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
Job ID 1023691