Commercial Specialty Managing Underwriter & Portfolio Manager (Managing Director)
The Commercial Specialty Managing Underwriter and Portfolio Manager is responsible for the loanunderwriting function for a team within the Diversified Industries group. This responsibility includes coordinating and overseeing the underwriting and credit approval process in regard to commercial loans. The incumbent is responsible for training and directing the underwriters in their role of analyzing, assessing and mitigating risks on commercial loan proposals. Additional scope of responsibilities includes monitoring the adequacy of work flow of underwriters to ensure the goals of the business unit are met and supporting administrative activities for the Commercial Lending area to ensure compliance with company policy and governmental regulations.
- Responsible for developing and managing a diverse team engaged in the underwriting, structuring, pricing and closing of loan transactions.
- Partner with Business Leadership to drive the business model, establish goals and evaluate market opportunities so as to contribute to the unit’s profitability and to allocate resources appropriately.
- Partner with Credit Risk Management to foster an environment of open dialogue around risk tolerance and credit appetite.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of the bank, its customers, loanportfolio, competitive environment, economic trends and policies.
- Maintain portfolio quality by assisting in the underwriting of complex loans and in the development of loan modifications and strategies.
Within the Diversified Industries segment, manage the Portfolio Monitoring process, to include:
- Compliance with established monitoring standards;
- Forecast and identify emerging problems within the portfolio;
- Scheduling and conducting periodic portfolio and industry reviews;
- Partner with lines of business to advise them of identified and emerging credit risks in specific loans;
- Identify potential structural enhancements in order to improve the credit and reduce risk exposure;
- Other Portfolio Management activities as appropriate
- Encourage an atmosphere of urgency toward meeting customer’s needs and providing excellent customer service.
- Promote appropriate application of all bank and line of business policies and procedures; support and drive adherence to regulatory compliance requirements.
- Foster an environment that provides a balance between sound, consistent underwriting and credit quality standards with the need for deposit, loan and fee growth, profitability and customer retention.
- Responsible for recruiting, training, performance management, rewards and recognition – keeping diversity goals in mind.
- Cultivate a positive work environment by ensuring all team members are properly challenged and motivated and play an integral role in the team’s productivity through an effective and equitable allocation of assignments.
- Develop high caliber associates through on-going mentoring, coaching and career development planning.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience
- At least 10 years’ of Commercial Underwriting Experience
- At least 15 years’ of Commercial Underwriting Experience experience
- At least 5 years’ of people leadership experience
Job ID R49893