Commercial Solutions Senior Consultant
Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That's why we're always looking for creative and visionary people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire talented people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it's our authentic, humble, gritty people who build The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
The Commercial Solutions Senior Consultant will play a critical role in the Commercial Operations organization supporting global Sales initiatives. The selected candidate will have responsibility for analyzing and shaping deals across key metrics to recommend pricing and deal structure. He/she will also be able articulate the Equinix value proposition and provide negotiation support to sales teams as necessary. He/she will also analyze and monitor customer profile data, Sales pipeline, and win-loss ratios to recommend strategies to functional business leaders. The successful candidate will possess a passion for problem-solving and an ability to distill complex data down to actionable recommendations.
- Supports regional Sales by assisting and consulting sales reps in the structure of new and renew deals while using the pricing thresholds, existing analysis tools, and rules of engagement to drive the appropriate approvals
- Conducts independent analysis and makes commercial recommendations in alignment with company strategy to drive revenue retention, minimize churn on existing contracts, and encourage growth through new opportunities
- Develop solutions for non-standard customer requests and act as a single point of contact across Product Management, Contracts, Finance, Operations, and Marketing departments
- Monitors the pricing approval queue and provides Siebel approval support for global deals approved within guidelines
- Facilitates and coordinates approvals for non-standard deal elements across impacted departments globally
- Provides quote review and approval to ensure compliance with our commercial policy standards.
- Key contributor to Business Term Sheet development and documentation related to Commercial policy updates
- Independently generates relevant financial reporting on key commercial metrics to aid in deal decision-making
- Works closely with Sales, Commercial, and Finance leaders to review weekly gross bookings and churn files for accuracy and identify potential revenue leakage
- Provides global pricing agreement support including space and power, interconnection, and growth incentive plans
- Ensures pricing agreement supportability by engaging with Billing, CSMs, other support teams
- Maintain, develop, and advance the reporting tools, Playbooks, and sales resources for Commercial Solutions
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting or similar / Master's or MBA preferred
- 5+ years' experience in Finance, Pricing, Business Operations or related field
- Working knowledge of internet infrastructure sales ecosystems: Datacenter, Cloud and/or Telecommunications industry experience very desirable
- Prior experience independently creating and reviewing financial models, experience structuring large deals is a plus
- Strong analytical, quantitative, written, and interpersonal skills with proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and presentation skills, Project management skills a plus
- Driven, detail-oriented, team player with an ability to prioritize multiple projects within deadlines
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.