Supplier of high-quality floor covering products servicing world-leading retailers, builders and contractors, seeks a Commercial Territory Sales Representative
This position will call on existing and new clientele, as well as work with builders, designers, General Contractors and all other decision makers in the sales and installation process.
This key role will drive sales volume, maintain and grow existing accounts, and develop new clientele and saleschannel opportunities throughout the assigned sales territory.
Successful candidates will:
- Thrive in a competitive and dynamic sales environment
- Be flexible, highly organized and have a successful history of servicing multiple accounts while consistently achieving and exceeding sales goals
- Be able to work independently while simultaneously implementing company defined sales strategies
- Be an expert in influential / collaborative sales and negotiation techniques, including analytical skills that can identify and exploit key opportunities
- Enjoy prospecting for new accounts, setting up / maintain displays and introducing our quality products to the marketplace
- Be driven to meet sales goals and enjoy the upside of variable compensation programs that reward exceeding plan
- Instinctively address all customer questions and concerns promptly with business savvy solution / resolution strategies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have experience and relationships with key architects/designers, from healthcare and educational facilities to corporate offices and sports arenas.
- Must be highly motivated, self-managing and able to travel periodically
Experience and Skills:
- Successful track record in an outsides sales environment (preferably within the flooring or building materials industry)
- Solid analytical skills in identifying client needs and aligning them to product offerings; Specification analysis and RFP response preparation a plus
- Demonstrated expertise in the principles of collaborative sales technique
- Ability to travel frequently throughout the sales territory