The Commercial Sales Manager will spend approximately two years learning the full sales management process of the Commercial business. The ideal candidate will be promoted to a Commercial District Manager to lead a sales district office. Primary responsibilities are as follows:
- Learns the knowledge and skills to manage a sales team
- Assists the District Managers with achieving assigned sales goals
- Assists with oversight of financial sales targets
- Lead projects for the sales districts
- Analyze customer base for potential major sales opportunities, trends, new customers and product niches
- Implement best practices to bridge the gap between the commercial corporate functions and districts
- Provides assistance in the day-to-day operations of the region
- Develop and prioritize personal development plans to seek out broader learning opportunities while learning all the components of this role
- 30-50% travel
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and 8 years sales experience. Master’s degreepreferred.
- Ability to relocate to a district sales office in approximately two years
- Knowledge of the sales and distribution cycle, financial management, and marketing
- Excellent skills in leadership, organizational culture, relationship building, communication and planning.
- Requires expert abilities with building relationships, listening, persuading and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing great customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Strong business acumen with a thorough understanding of industrial manufacturing B2B businesses and how value is created in these businesses (related experiencepreferred)