What you will do
The Johnson Controls Commercial Sales Manager is the leader of the commercial sales team in one of Johnson Controls field offices. This role is responsible for building a team of highly productive sales representatives that can meet and exceed revenue expectations, as well as the needs of our existing and potential customers. The Commercial Sales Manager is responsible to drive Johnson Controls Corporate Sales and Marketing initiatives through the territories for which they are responsible. These include business and customer development, territory management, data mining, professional presentation and product sales. Additionally, this individual is responsible for job and channel profitability, revenue per user ("RPU") growth of our customers, and retention of both customers and sales representatives. This position requires a strong, principle centered leader.
How you will do it
• Model and champion Johnson Controls values. Create a safe environment for the discussion and resolution of values-related issues and concerns.
• Plan, coordinate and implement Commercial sales operations. This would include business and customer development and territory management.
• Attain budgeted revenue expectations. Assure the profitability of the channel is met.
• Build and retain an effective team of sales representatives. Lead, coach and motivate team to achieve pre-established goals.
• Set sales territory expectations for each of Johnson Controls sales representatives including customer touch expectations, as well as quota achievement. Direct territory activities of sales staff.
• Measure the activities of each sales representative to assure that their marketing activities will produce intended sales production.
• Implement and execute the company's marketing strategy and business plans.
• Work in concert with other department and business segment leaders to assure congruence with sales operations, representing the voice of the department, the customer and the interests of the sales team.
• Work with National Account Managers to secure National Account business.
What we look for
• College Degree in Business, Marketing or other related field.
• Minimum of 5 years sales experience, including 3 years of field sales management experience in a business to business environment, or successful management of another sales channel.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Proven ability to effectively interact with internal organization and customer organizations both at the senior executive and field level
• Functional/Technical Skills in leading a sales organization
• Action Oriented
• Business Acumen
• Drive for Results
• Managing & Measuring Work
• Customer Focus
• Building Effective Teams
• Motivating Others
• Organizational Agility
• Interpersonal Savvy
• Conflict Management
• Learning/Change Agility
• Managing Vision & Purpose
• Conflict Management
• Managerial Courage
• Managing Diversity
• Developing Direct Reports & Others
• Ability to travel nights and weekends to accommodate the customer's agenda.
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. Being a part of a global company like Johnson Controls affords you exposure to global career pathing opportunities.
JCI is an EEO/AA/Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability Employer.