What do we expect from you?
Some companies label this position as Architectural & Design Sales Manager; others, as Specification Sales Manager or Commercial Sales Manager. Regardless the name we give to the position, you will be responsible for developing, managing, and growing Cosentino’s product awareness, acceptance and sales to the contract design & commercial segments for both interior and exterior applications.
You will actively identify, pursue, and increase sales and brand loyalty by calling on architects, designers, fabricators, developers and related contractors while coordinating and collaborating with other members of Cosentino Sales Team.
Your Key Responsibilities will be:
Going more granular, you will work on different fronts:
- Create short and long term sales plans to penetrate architectural and design firms, developers, corporate accounts, new property owners and services providers to gain specifications and sales of work surfaces, flooring, interior cladding and exterior facades
- Execute sales plans created within agreed upon timelines from the customer or Cosentino Management
- Manage own sales budget and maintains discipline to stay within assigned sales and expense budgets on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Promote organization’s products in formal presentations to architects, designers and targeted organizations
- Actively represent and promote Cosentino to the community through hosting and attendance of local chapter events for ASID, IIDA & AIA along with other targeted associations
- Develop new project opportunities through personal sales efforts and professional relationships with architects, designers, building owners and property management firms involved with new development or renovation work for existing building interiors and exteriors
- Manage the sales development of Cosentino surfacing products with various interior and Exterior applications within the core geography by maintaining a constant awareness of markets and pursues profitable opportunities focused on organizational growth
- Maintain accurate relationship, product placement & project details with updated developments within project management database (Sales Force CRM)
- Timely manage and communicate across all parties to ensure successful sales implementation of programs including updating sales collateral, product technical data and information, samples, mock ups and proposals.
- Coordinate with Cosentino Account Managers, business partners, fabricators and installation contractors to ensure successful realization of local project execution
- Assist with corporate account roll out programs on a regional basis, as needed (This task may require travel outside of the assigned geography to call on owners, fabricators and installation contractors to facilitate and manage successful multi-location roll out programs. Advance notice will be given to employee regarding travel).
- Commit to continual learning and knowledge of Cosentino Surfacing Products, the proper application and specification requirements along with fabrication and installation process to ensure proper use and overall customer satisfaction.
- Act as a facilitator and provides recommendations to senior management with key sales information as it relates to markets and regions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
What kewledge do you need?
- Building materials market
- Communication: Oral & Written. Capacity to interact with multiple levels within all faces with commercial industry projects
- Capacity to develop workshops for architect and designers that count as continues education credits.
- Computer skills: Office Suite, CRM system (e.g SalesForce)
What do you need to be successful in the role?
- 4+ years of building materials / construction / commercial projects sales experience
- 2+ years of proven capacity to interact with multiple levels within all faces with commercial industry projects
- 1+ year of business development
- Stone fabrication or distribution
This position will be located:
Kansas City, MO